About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Fengshui Rituals (dong tu, xie tu, an sheng)

myfs_128671

I just got a resale flat. I understand there are a few rituals I have to go through for the flat
1. Open door
2. Dong tu (before reno)
3. Xie tu (after reno)
4. Lu Zai ( move in)
5. An Sheng ( place altar)
I read in the forum that I need auspcious dates . Also I have to carry out some rituals
For the Open door and Lu zai i found it in the forum
But for dong tu and xie tu and an sheng I didnt see any.
I read differing views on these 3 rituals. Could you tell me what needs to be done ?
Thank you

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Tomas,

In general, when we first open door; symbolically we want to "deposit" wealth into the new home or apartment.

Start of renovations is often done. Here, the most simple procedure is to bring a hammer or a screw driver if we do not have the hammer and before starting renovations, usually say in mandarin " To all the gods, apologies, as I or we are starting renovations on ..... such a such a date." Afterwards, just knock three times on the floor or some on the wall.

Usually Hokkiens practice more "simple procedures". Many Cantonese on the other hand, have the concept of 5-ghosts or spirits i.e. spirit or god of North, South, East, West and Central =5 ghosts (not bad ones but they are"ghosts" = gods).

Thus, someCantonese may wantto knock all4 corners: North, South , East and West and on thecentrepointpoint floor = centre and place 5 types of fruits (or pray with them).

As there is the Hokkiens, there are the Cantonese, there are the Teochews, Hakka etc..

That is why there are somany differingprocedures. For example, for the 1st time open door,throwing in pineapple usually by the Hokkiens/ Teochews aspineapple sound like "ONG LYE" or prosperity come...

Therefore,frankly there is no right or wrong procedures!

If we analyse carefully, as mentioned earlier.. open door = usually try to deposit some wealth be it throw a pineapple etc...

In this modern day, many couples new purchased their home and really have no time to do all the procedures!

The best that they may do most of thetime are:-

1. Open door procedure
2. Start of renovations (sometimes, delegated to contractors)
3. End of renovations(nowadays.. in modern times.. for a tinyapartment.. usually not done - Many couples find it "time wasted" just to take leave to perform this.)
4. move-in.

Frankly, if we don't do para 3, still won't "die" or have dire repercussions. In fact, for every 1 person who does para 1 to 4, there are at least 5 more who don't even do the above procedure.

Thus, if one is so particular about wanting to do the above procedure, best is to look for your immediate family members : elders be it parents, grand parents or uncles or aunties to check what procedure could be done based on often one's dialect group.

I would normally recommend para 1, 2 (skip 3) and go for 4.

1 and 4 can be found in this forum. As for para 2, I have elaborated a simple procedure, above. Some even go as far as burning joss papers, light up joss sticks / candles.. No right or wrong answer...

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Quote:

Tomas Ka wrote:
I just got a resale flat. I understand there are a few rituals I have to go through for the flat 1. Open door 2. Dong tu (before reno) 3. Xie tu (after reno) 4. Lu Zai ( move in) 5. An Sheng ( place altar) I read in the forum that I need auspcious dates . Also I have to carry out some rituals For the Open door and Lu zai i found it in the forum But for dong tu and xie tu and an sheng I didnt see any. I read differing views on these 3 rituals. Could you tell me what needs to be done ? Thank you

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• 12 years later...
  • Staff
32 minutes ago, Cy12 said:

Hi Master Lee, 

I would like to enquire any prayer required for renovating our current staying hdb flat? 

Thank you! 

It is nice to do so. 

The ceremony varies with many people. As there are free thinkers, religious persons etc... other than Christians do not believe in such things.

Given the diversity even for the Chinese, one source could be to seek the advice from matriarch (Such as a grandmother) of a family or parents.

• 3 months later...