About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Kitchen located in the Northwest sector. How?

myfs_110970

Hi,fficeffice" />

I have recently come across some info and article to realized that it is no good to have the kitchen located in the NW sector of the house. Unfortunately, my kitchen is in the NW sector. This is a South facing flat with main entrance in West (corner unit). The toilet is in the NE. I reside in the SE bedroom of the house.

The stove faces the bathroom and I kept the bathroom door close most of the time. There is kitchen top gap between the stove and the sink. I hardly cooks other than occasionally instant noodles. I uses an electric kettle to boil water.

I am the owner and lives here alone. That is to mean I am the patriach? If it affects the Father of the house to have kitchen in the NW. Does it still affect me as the bread winner in my own household? Does it affects my father who is not living with me?

Is there any cure or remedy without me having to make major changes such as move out and sell the flat?

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,

1. Usually, or ideally or nice-to-have, often, if possible we try to avoid having the stove facing the bathroom door. Especially directly facing the toilet bowl.

2. In commonsense Feng Shui, whenever we flush the toilet bowl, the water spray or minute droplets would spray out in all directions and may "spray" onto the stove location. Thus, it would be a good idea to close the toilet door when not in use.

Quote:

The stove faces the bathroom and I kept the bathroom door close most of the time. There is kitchen top gap between the stove and the sink. I hardly cooks other than occasionally instant noodles. I uses an electric kettle to boil water.src='http://www.geomancy.net/wbimages/smiles/icon_surprised.gif' width=15
height=15 border=0>fficesrc='http://www.geomancy.net/wbimages/smiles/icon_surprised.gif' width=15
height=15 border=0>ffice" />

3. Do check if your stove is located "directly" within the NW sector. For example, often, even if the kitchen is located at NW, but if the stove is not directly at NW, this is OK.

4. As the trigram for NW is = Heaven and also the head of the house; even if the head of the house is a female, it will still be considered as "Fire at Heaven's gate" - inauspicious i.e. playing it safe.

5. Some remedies include: avoiding placing electrical items such as a toaster oven or any kitchen appliance, when turned on, has a reddish glow.

6. Other remedies include: placing a bottle of water next to the stove area and placing earth or pottery or earthenware in the cabinets above or next to the stove area. Water is suppose to tone down the fire and earth aborbs fire.

7. Another modern cure is the use of "induction" stoves that have flat "cooler" surfaces and does not have flames coming out of each of the hob area.

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• 11 years later...
  • Staff
32 minutes ago, Guest John said:

Hi Cecil, what do you mean by northwest sector? 

Are there other remedies?

Case Study of an actual development: HDB Toa Payoh Kim Keat Beacon BTO with real life example of Kitchen at NW...

If one has the time, please go through especially Part 8 and onwards for a detailed understanding of the above.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 years later...