About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Using door leading to garage as main entrance door

Hi Cecil,
My understanding of feng shui is that the Water star should open out to an open space. If by using the door leading to my garage, it would not be an open space because it's a two-car garage and also where we place our washer and dryer and all the other garden equipments (more like a store room condition). But once we open the main garage door which is facing south then we have an open driveway to the street. How do I incorporate the flying star into my dwelling? Do I take into consideration the garage as well?

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Jez,
For your situation, where possible you should use the main garage door often. It is also good to see if you can keep the second entrance area clean and tidy. This will certainly improve the ch'i in the area.

On 2/7/99 8:34:49 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Hi Cecil,
My understanding of feng shui
is that the Water star should
open out to an open space. If
by using the door leading to
my garage, it would not be an
open space because it's a
two-car garage and also where
we place our washer and dryer
and all the other garden
equipments (more like a store
room condition). But once we
open the main garage door
which is facing south then we
have an open driveway to the
street. How do I incorporate
the flying star into my
dwelling? Do I take into
consideration the garage as
well?

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Cecil, I have a similar problem regarding main entrance. We frequently use our garage door to get in and out of our split entry home. I don't know how to measure/determine direction of my main door as this garage door is downstairs. My other "entrance door" used more in the summer and to receive guests is upstairs with the rest of the living quarters (downstairs only has a workroom, washer dryer room and a 2 car garage). I can measure the upstairs entrance door which is 245, but don't know how to do it with the garage door. How do I use upstairs' center of the house to measure the door from downstairs? Second question is now that I found out both my husband and I are weak fire, this garage door faces north (door to get in and out faces N, but the main garage door leads to the drive way faces W) do I assume that this door won't be auspicious to use as N is water and try to use the other entrance door upstairs more, which faces W (even though my husband's death line goes through this W door)? By the way, I tried to test out a the flying star free report but couldn't, because it kept asking for "estate name" which we don't have, I tried putting in our last name but it didn't work. Will we have better directions with a paid report? I hope to be able to do this in near future. Last question: I opened an account in the report management center sometime ago and forgot to record what I put down, so now I can't get in. Should I start over and create (and record) new information?