About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

House level lower than the road in front

myfs_75147

Dear Sir,

In september 1st week 2007 a road was built in front of our house as a result few houses which are old buildings became lower than the level of the road in front of there house.they are lower by a feet or a feet and a half.

pls advice if this is a fengshui defect ,and if so what is the remedy.

best rgds,

Deepti

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Deepti,

1. In general, this can be considered "inauspicious" based on common sense approach to Feng Shui.

2. The idea, here is because, any home that is lower than it's surroundings e.g. such as roads, may in some instances of heavy rain mean flooding for such "lower" homes.

Hopefully there are not only proper drainage but also also, especially for some homes that relies on drainage to rivers (to the mouth of the sea). In many instances, such homes are affected by high tides.

3. Other than this, since no two homes are similar, each home has to be looked at in it's own merits or (Feng Shui merits). Such as where is the facing direction of the home etc...

4. There are also concerns for some homes that are at a "cliff side" or at a slope or below a slope; hopefully no major soil eroison often caused partially by heavy (extra) heavy rain fall.

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Quote:

Deepti G. wrote:
In september 1st week 2007 a road was built in front of our house as a result few houses which are old buildings became lower than the level of the road in front of there house.they are lower by a feet or a feet and a half.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Staff

The ground floor level should be higher than main driveway about... centimeters? and higher than the road about....centimeters?

Reply:

Not necessary. But ideally should not be sunken in.

Higher is based on common sense. If lower, if rain, you have to start scooping water out of your house. Based on logic

12629481-0F7A-47AF-95FC-FEEA49AB20B3.png

• 1 year later...

Hi, I am house hunting and ready to rent a place that is off a main road and down a steep road about 45 degree angle down and into an area sunken into a new complex surrounded by forest nature.  A nice area complex with about 40 homes.  In front of the home I am about to rent has a creek that has very little water but i believe it is to help stream away the water when it rains.

I own a small business for 10 years and looking into finding a quiet place.  I work from home on the computer all the time.  Want to know would this be good or bad for my health and finance?  Thank you very much for taking the time to answer.  Cheers, Jade

• Staff
33 minutes ago, Jaderesponse32 said:

Hi, I am house hunting and ready to rent a place that is off a main road and down a steep road about 45 degree angle down and into an area sunken into a new complex surrounded by forest nature.  A nice area complex with about 40 homes.  In front of the home I am about to rent has a creek that has very little water but i believe it is to help stream away the water when it rains.

I own a small business for 10 years and looking into finding a quiet place.  I work from home on the computer all the time.  Want to know would this be good or bad for my health and finance?  Thank you very much for taking the time to answer.  Cheers, Jade

Good to hear that it is a nice area. Already a plus or positive point.

Without looking at the site, personally hard to tell whether it is good for health and finance. As there are several scientific considerations that can be used to gauge this.

Most likely, you can go with your feel.