About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

What does this Self Punishment represents?

Day Month

Hi Master,
As above, my day and month pillar. I'm a strong metal person and I've got to know that is a self punishment.
1. May I know if this means that my spouse and close family will have problem?
2. As is metal and is unfavourable to me. Does this self punishment cancel out the metal? Or does this self punishment on unfavourable element actually good to me? Or Self punishment simply is no good no matter what?
Thank you very much! It's so great that you actually set a forum here to answer questions from user. That's very thoughtful of it.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Johnny,

Firstly, in your ba zi there are 4 degree of conflict.

1) Clash - is the worst as it denotes 100% incompatibility between the two signs.

2) Harm - is the next bad conflict as it denotes that your signs creates friction but not really as bad as Clash.

3) Punishment - is where your signs itself usually contains an element that conficts the other sign. It is an indirect conflict, so has less impact.

4) Self Punishment - is where your sign'shidden elementconflicts with itself.

How the clash/harm etc affects your sign depends on what you are relating the clash/harm and where it happens.

For example, a clash occuring between your ba zi chart and that year denotes conflict between the year for you. So things not likely to go smoothly for you.

For example, if you relate the clash to the relationaship, then a clash may denote conflicts or incompatibility.

Quote:
1. May I know if this means that my spouse and close family will have problem?

Whether or not that will have impact, it is best you have someone review it to explain it to you. As without all the details, I have actually no idea what your chart looks like as such not able to tell you if the self-punishment is good or not.

In general, Day pillar represents self and spouse, while month pillar represents parents. So if you are looking at the relationship analysis, yes, the self-punishment may denote some slight incompatibilty. But again depends on whether the pillar favours you or not. For that, best you get someone to review it to confirm it.

Quote:
2. As ?? is metal and is unfavourable to me. Does this self punishment cancel out the metal? Or does this self punishment on unfavourable element actually good to me? Or Self punishment simply is no good no matter what?

In general, the self punishment does not cancel out your original element. As previously mentined, this clash/harm/punishment/self-punishment only comes into effect when you relate it to what you want to review. By itself, it does not mean anything in particular.

Anyway, self-punishment is only just like imagine you want to do something but things does not go as you plan. Basically that is it. Often, it is not big enough to cause too much major problems, just minor things that will cause some delays or slowdown.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research

• 3 months later...

Just my 2 nickels of thoughts..........

As Mr. Lee has said,the whole chart is needed to find out if the situation could be bad.If water is strong,then it may well be that the "punishment" is not that significant.

Bazi's "structural" limitations are such that highly specific events unique to the individual cannot be predicted,only the general"bad"or"good".For instance,if financial loss is hinted at at a certain point in time,it isimpossible to zero in on if it is due to some credit crisis in the country or an unexpectedbreak-in.Too many unkownfactors are at play.Certainly, 2 persons having identical bazi charts will nothave exactlythe same minoreventsof day-to-day livinghappening to them.Compared to "Tie Ban Shen Shu",now lost,bazi cannot revealhighly specific details, such as "what is the colour of the car that has knocked a person down?"

My belief(a very personal one,of course)is that"Tie Ban", as shown by Shao Zi in some present-day remnants of his works,could be that unerringlyspot-on in all kinds of predictionsis that it contains more than 4 pillars,possibly more than 10.His ancient text,the original"Huang Ji Shi Yun", is no longer extant,as Providence had decreed that it should not be revealedto earthings,for if this "Tower of Babel"is allowed to be built,all the heavenly secrets will become known to Man.Hence,distortions and errors gradually crept into that text,and now you have a useless text that still manages to fool so many people,including Mr.Edward Lijuming of lijuming.com.Even Mr. Shao Weihua of China,touted to be a descendant of Shao Zi,does not know the original text,or he would have predicted the Sichuan earthquake,since,nothing,great global events or personal trifles of daily life,cannot be predicted by it.

What bazi can reveal are general trends in one's life,not specifics,because there are other unkownpillars above the year pillar,and other unkownpillars further down the time pillar.

• 11 years later...