About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Apartment Center

myfs_133719

Dear Master Lee,

I have attached the floor plan of the apartment that I've shortlisted in my house-hunting. Is this the correct way of identifying the center of the house? I'm very concerned whether my method is correct because the kitchen is at an angle to the main body of the house and there seem to have quite a bit of missing sectors in this house.

Another concern is whether the position of the main door and picture window of the living roompose any negative FS effect on the house as they form a straight line in this case which i understand is bad asread inone of your articles. is there a way to cure it? by putting curtains at the windows or keeping the door closed most of the time help in reducing the "sha qi"?

Looking forward for your advice.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

1. Attached, please see the proposed centrepoint. Which I believe would be "closer" to the centre of gravity of the home. Highlighted in Yellow are considered protrusions.

2. Yes, one way is to close the main entrance door when not in use or close some of the window planes. However, if or should the main door have excellent qi such as double #8's then, sometimes, it would be good to let qi come in thru the main entrance area. Again, this depends on the type of flying star numbers at either the main door or directly opposite window(s).

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Lee,

Thank for your prompt reply. Based on your suggestion, you have ignored the contributing factor of the BEDROOM 3 into the determination of the centerpoint. May i know when we should include protrusions and when they should be included in our centrepoint determination? Thank for your advice.

• Staff

It is always good to "visualise" roughly where - if possible the closest point to or the exact location of the "centre of gravity" of a home.

If one is totally not sure, then, try to paste a copy of the layout plan on a cardboard. Then cut-out the outline of the entire layout plan. Then try to balance the entire layout plan onto a piece of nail. (If one can visualise, your original centrepoint in my opinion, will most likely not be balanced on a pin or nail point.

Quote:
Anonymous wrote:
Thank for your prompt reply. Based on your suggestion, you have ignored the contributing factor of the BEDROOM 3 into the determination of the centerpoint. May i know when we should include protrusions and when they should be included in our centrepoint determination? Thank for your advice