Previous | Next | Discuss :: Free Advice (General Feng Shui)

Topic: Compass direction of main door
Conf: Discuss :: Free Advice (General Feng Shui), Msg: 9835
From: Anon (Hidden from Privacy)
Date: 1/11/2002 08:10 AM

I have no idea as to the compass direction of my apartment, rooms or objects. Will a regular compass take care of that?

I live in an old "railroad" apartment where each room is followed by another in a long line. Old gas pipes are still situated above/inside the ceiling.

The "front/first" room's two windows face the street entrance to the building - this room is a square shape. The room next was considered a "half" of a room with a small closet. The room that connects to the first room (bedroom) doesn't have a door, but the shape of the room is more like a rectangle.
The closet was extended into a walk-in closet and which now has a sort of "aisle" or "foyer" that leads into the doorway of the third (living/dining) room.

The living/dining room is where the entrance to the apartment is located. The entrance door opens towards the half room/bedroom door entrance. This room is a narrow rectangle shape as well with one window with a crack in it on the side of the room next to that - which is the kitchen.

The kitchen doesn't have a doorway, but it does have an entranceway and wall to separate itself from the living/dining room. The kitchen is also a narrow/rectangular shape with a window facing the left of the building (left side when facing the building's entrance). The oven is to the left of the window sill with the refrigerator next to the wall that separates the living/dining room. The sink is located next to the bathroom, which is the room that follows the kitchen.

The bathroom is very tiny - enough to step into it and be surrounded by the tub/shower, toilet and vanity/sink. Nothing more. There is a window by the tub that also faces the same direction as the kitchen window.

The sun shines in the kitchen/bathroom windows at around 1 or 2:00 PM EST. Would this help in finding out the compass direction of the apt?

The last room that follows the bathroom is now our big walk-in closet, which will soon be split into a computer/office space. This "back" room is also a rectangular shape. It has a window that faces the back yard and is directly opposite from the two windows in the bedroom (first room) where my computer desk is actually situated. This back room is the coldest of all the rooms despite efforts to insulate.

All windows with the exception of the kitchen and bathroom have a heavy draft. The air cirulation in the apartment/itself is horrible but we are extremely limited in electrical power/outlets - it took us a long time of blowing fuses to figure that out! =)

In the bedroom, our bed is situated the long way - alongside the two windows that face the street/entrance of the building. The air conditioner is located in the window that is above the head. We use heavy curtains in the winter, but in good weather, we use sheer ones. My computer is located in front of an old, but sealed door that leads to the same hall as our main doorway in the apartment. The computer monitor faces the window that has the air conditioner. The edges of the desk are rounded off (is this OK?), but I do have a small chest that holds office supplies where the corner faces the head of the bed. There is also another corner of a long desk that is located on the opposite side of the wall that separates the walk-in closet (half room) and the bedroom. The corner faces the mid area of our bodies. A clock hangs on the wall above the long desk - facing high above the lower part of our bodies.

The living/room: there isn't a formal dining area because of the odd shape of the room. We do have a fold up table that we are using temporarily in the area opposite the half room. The couch faces the entrance and the television, stereo system, etc. The window is to the left of the couch (when sitting on the couch). A clock hangs high above the wall to the right of the window and behind the kitchen.

On the opposite side of this clock, is the refrigerator. Beside it, a wooden board we placed to separate it from the oven/stove. Beside it, is the window. Across from this is a counter top/shelving area that my husband built because the apt didn't come with anything. Cooking/eating utensils are stored in a box or left out in the utensil caddy of the dishrack.

Ever since we moved here, I have been ill much more frequently. I've had continuous bouts of groups of cankersores, sinisitis for the first time, insomnia, a bout with anxiety attacks, frequent/recurring colds/flus. I just had the flu last month and again, this month for a week.

I really apologize for this lengthy email/question, but I was hoping the description might help a little in assessing the problems in the apartment. Whatever you might think should come to my attention would be greatly appreciated! =)

Thank you for your patience with me... ;)

Best regards,
Judy

Copyright 1996-onwards Geomancy.Net, Cecil & Robert Lee. All Rights Reserved.

International Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights Notice
All messages posted TO THIS SITE which includes this forum and other contents made accessable by us to the public cannot be copied; reproduced; recompiled; stored in a retrieval system; or transmitted, in any form or by any means; electronic; mechanical; photocopying; recording; or otherwise. - Learn more

Please kindly contact us at support@geomancy.net. if you should encounter any breach of Copyright and Intellectual Property rights. Thank you in advance!

Back to Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net

 [ Site Search | Forum Search | Picture Search | Site Map ]

Help Desk: (65) 9785-3171

Highlights

Extend your learning with Master Cecil Lee's Applied Feng Shui Made Easy Book.

" Real People, Real Life, Real Situation " - Learn from thousands of actual case studies at our popular Free Advice Forum.

" Worry-Free Professional Feng Shui Services " - from the authors of Geomancy.Net

[ Award & Accolades ]

Site Navigation

   Feng Shui Freebies
   Feng Shui Resources