About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Eight House and Flying Stars

Dear Cecil/Robert,

My partner and I both belong to the fire element, with kua no. 4 and with SE being our best direction (under Eight Houses).

Our new home's door faces NW, which isthe diaster sector for both of us. However, after reading alot from the website and the internet, I know that main doordoes not always represent the facing. On one side of our home, there's the main door, kitchen and yard whereas on the opposite side, there's the balcony and windows of master bedroom and another bedroom. It seems to me that the balcony side is more the facing of the house then the main door side. If it is truely so, then the facing is SE, which is our best Eight House direction. However, it is confusing as I've read somewhere in this website balcony is used as facing only if the unit is high-floor. Mine is on the 3rd floor, so can the balcony still be the facing? General feeling I get about Feng Shui is that there're no fixed answers and depends on more than 1 factor. Considering the layout of the house, kitchen and yard makes the main door side more like the sitting of the house? Whereas the balcony, with the row of windows for 2 bedrooms, bringing in more light represents the facing?

The Flying Star report asks for main door direction. So do I put NW or SE? Or does Flying Star require main door direction only, not house facing.

Eight House and Flying Star complement each other right? One tells you the good and bad sectors whereas the other goes into more details on how more can be done in each sector to improve the Feng Shui.

Assuming our house (facing = balcony side) is in the good sector (SE) of our Eight Houses, will Flying Star raise negative points or does it only help enhance the Feng Shui of the house?

My other question is magnetic north and geographic north. I've read that Feng Shui uses the former and the deviation between the 2 is ard 15 degrees.Is magnetic north 15 degrees clock-wise or 15 degrees anti-clock-wisefrom geographic north?Most floor plans and architectural drawings show the geographic north and for Feng Shui purposes, we'll need to "shift" the compass to reflect the magnetic north.

Sponsored Link