About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

A HDB block apartment

Chris_ng

Hi there,
It has been a long time that I have not joined the forum because of heavy work load and business travelling, sigh! :<. really hope that i can contribute more regularly to the web site.>My friend used to live in this HDB apartment in Singapore and I will visit him from time to time. His HDB flat is chou bei xiang nan (facing south). One main problem of all the units is that the door, kitchen entrance and the kitchen windowsare all in one direction. In feng shui, we used to say "chang feng ju qi", means that we want the "qi" that come to your house to circulate before they leave. "Qi" that go through in one straight line means you can't accumulate wealth.
Moreover, because of the design, it tends to be a little bit dark in the living room, even during the day time. Before I have advised him to do something, I found one of his neighboring block has actually taken action to counteract this bad flow of "qi"
What he/she does is to shift the kitchen entrance slightly to the right, and at the same time, installed a kitchen door.
To counter the darkness, he/she installed a lighting at the entrance of the front main door.
As my friend does not want to spend money for any renovation, I have advised him to put a cabinet between the kitchen door and the main door, and try to open the windows or door if it is too dark in the living room.
And guess what, he won a lucky draw two weeks after the changes.
If you have the same problem, you may want to use the same method.
Any comments, suggestions are welcomed! :>
Regards,
Chris Ng

• 4 months later...
Sponsored Link

Hi:-)
My brother, his fiancee and I will be moving into a new HDB apartment soon. Our unit is a corridor unit and it faces east. However, my bedroom door faces the main door and the windows in my bedroom faces in main door also. The bedroom is virtually quite empty with only a bed and two cupboards.
I should also point out that as you look out of my room window, it is West and there are hills in that direction also.
I understand that it isn't good to have the main door facing the bedroom door, but that cannot be helped. There is no way to do a renovation as we are renting the place and it is quite difficult to put a piece of furniture between the main door and the bedroom because of lack of space.
However, the whole place has just been newly renovated and apart from the door problem, the flat is actually quite nice, bright and welcoming.
Please advice.
Anna