About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Fu-dogs, how are they placed

Lotus

Dear Cecil,
My house is on a slope. I have built a 3 feet retaining wall from the left side go around to the front of the house as a wall with two post in front of the drive way. I'd like to put 2 Fu-dogs on the post. Is it a good idea? If so, where should they face, to each other or to the street?
Please advice. Thanks
Lien

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Lien,
If you want to place a Fu Fu dog, you should place it on top of each pillar of the main gate. They should be facing outwards and not facing each other.
It has more to do with `frequent' Chinese practises than Feng Shui i.e. it serves to `guard' the house rather than the concept of Feng Shui i.e. to improve Qi.
In my opinion, if one wants to place a pair of Fu Fu dogs closer to the home e.g. outside the main entrance door, it is best that you should do some "homework" or review the location in relation to the Flying Star theory. This will depend on the material used for the Fu Fu dog.
Usually they are made of `earth' or alternatively `metal' element. Make sure that there is a `balance' of elements here. Too much earth element may cause an imbalance. Similiarly if it is made of `metal', too much metal element (based on the Flying Star) again may cause an imbalance. If the Fu Fu dogs are made of `wood' again this has to be analysed.

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 10/20/99 3:34:32 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Cecil,
My house is on a slope. I have
built a 3 feet retaining wall
from the left side go around
to the front of the house as a
wall with two post in front of
the drive way. I'd like to put
2 Fu-dogs on the post. Is it a
good idea? If so, where should