About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Bathroom Oppsite the Bedroom

myfs_136341

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Frankly, in Singapore, many HDB apartments and condos share the same issue!

In fact, many newer condos have master bedroom where after placing the "queen-sized" or some can squeeze in a "king sized" bed, and left over is the wardrope area / TV console (or mounted) and some dressing table. And many of these condos also have attached bathroom that is "on the side" of the bed.

Is the toilet really so disgusting that we should not have it?

In the past, traditional Chinese homes have toilets that are "outside" of the living quarters.

But today, it is "scientifically" true that a toilet can be dirty. For example, whenever we "flush" the toilet bowl and worse, if we cover the lid, some toilet seats have gaps and many of the "droplets" fly off this gap when water is flushed.

Or if the toilet is not used for some time, the "U" trap of the drainage lets "air in".

Thus, look at this way, where ever one place the tooth brush in the toilet area, and check for germs or baterial, there is sure to have some of these.

I was "shocked" when a few years back, I was driving and this person came on air and said that all of us should buy his "disinfection" tablet (much like those that clean dentures) and regulary dip our toothbrush into "his tablet solution" to destroy the germs on the tooth brush!

Come on, BE REALISTIC! How many of us do this in our life time? YES? or NO?

The simple reason is that yes, the toilet may harbour some germs but many of us are healthy enough to RESIST these germs.

So what is the big deal of being so scared of your own toilet! For Singaporeans, I am sure many keep a decent toilet, but yet, do visit any of the toilets at HDB coffee shops! How dirty they are?

For example, in the past, children drop their baby teets and they immediately place them back into their mouths. Nowadays, parents so scared, must sterilsed them!

Frankly, if you consider your own toilet so dirty, one is living in a UTOPIAN world. And this is not practical!

And there are confirmed studies that say that even your Personal Computer KEYBOARD at work or home can even be MORE "dirty" fully of more yuck germs than the toilet seat!

So don't be misled by some people who know next to nothing on what "dirt" or the "dirtiest" is.

The only thing visually "ugly" (for some) is literally seeing e.g. the toilet bowl from the bed. It is "ugly" to some, but as I mentioned, a PC keyboard has more virus or germs than your toilet seat! So ponder over this, next time around.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• 8 years later...

Hi, I really need your help, I'm moving into my dorm and my bed is next to the bathroom, it will be lofted so we can save space and have our desk underneath us, but by looking at the arrangement, is the bed next to the bathroom okay because the toilet is not directly by the head? If not, what should I do?

IMG_5399.PNG

• Staff
6 hours ago, Chau said:

Hi, I really need your help, I'm moving into my dorm and my bed is next to the bathroom, it will be lofted so we can save space and have our desk underneath us, but by looking at the arrangement, is the bed next to the bathroom okay because the toilet is not directly by the head? If not, what should I do?

IMG_5399.PNG

1. The real concern (if any) is whether one is sleeping near a sewerage pipe.

1.1 For example, (see below), your bed is definitely not sharing the same wall as the WC as shown under marking in purple "X":-

599b7a3f05b97_DORMROOMANDSEWERAGEPIPING1.jpg.617075339e2dfe6e3f69aa83eacfdfc7.jpg

2. If your dorm is on the ground floor; depending on where the sewerage pipe will flow towards an open sewerage system.  If the flow is passing through your bed, less then ideal.

2.1 Also less than ideal if the bed is on a upper floor and the sewerage pipe runs like in the photo. Less likely as usually it will flow rom the red circle all the way down towards the ground level. And out sometimes as shown in the red line/arrow or to the opposite direction.

2.2 Just make sure that on a ground floor unit avoid sleeping above a sewerage pipe. (Again, up in the ceiling is not ideal, but alesser of a concern.

599b79c454470_DORMROOMANDSEWERAGEPIPING.jpg.916e43c09d70490ea450e330759b922a.jpg

2.3. See below: Again, the emphasis is on the sewerage pipe(s). In blue is okay:-

599b8994d186f_dormandwc.png.45e0400b4479a7b7bdc385f7bfaa439f.png

Thank you so much for the reply! I am on the fourth level in room 409, here is the floor plan, it looks like the water doesn't run under my bed but I am not sure. What do you think? For the other floors, the plan is exactly the same so the bathrooms are aligned and there is no sewage system directly above or below me. Will it be bad if the pipes do end up going below my bed? Even if the bed is raised so that a desk can fit underneath?

IMG_5475.PNG

• 2 years later...