About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Initial Opening of Door - Best time to go back?

myfs_138233

Dear master Cecil,

I am getting my house key for my resale flat next Wed 25/2/09. I will do performingthe ritual (doing it on my own based on your detailed instructions) as stated in your doc on "Initital Opening of Door".. H/w, are we supposed to leave the things in the house for 3 days without removing them? Can we still visit the house in between, sayfrom Thu to Frior we should not to return to the house until after 3rd day? As I will be going on short trip on Sat (28/2/09), I may be able to go back to the house to collect the stuff only onthe following Mon or Tue evening (which is abt 5-6 days later). Will this be too late and considered inauspicious? Pls let me know? Thanks so much!

Best wishes,

Cally

Sponsored Link

• Staff

1. Please note that the main idea of the procedure(s) is to place "wealth" into the home.

2. Thus, only during the stage where one is sprinkling rice and green beans, best not to have "outsiders" walking in the home where one does this procedure. As symbolically, if one accidentially sprinkle the rice /beans into an "outsider's" shoe, then they may "bring back the wealth with them".

3. Other than the above, avoid giving away the fruits etc... it has to be either: Eaten or Thrown away - never given away.

4. Once Para 2 has been done and the rest of the first-time-open door procedure has been perfomed, you can let in any other persons or go in anytime afterwards. The third day is just - to the effect that one should not re-move the items within the three days, that's all. You can go in anytime you wish or bring anyone into the home anytime after you had completed the procedure.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Staff

For those who are really (really) short of time i.e. must start renovations almost immediately; can consider performing the 1st time open door procedure and remove all items (only after 1 hour).

But take this as a "last resort".

Mostly, here, the client has to vacate their existing home, just got their keys and need to start renovations, as in NOW.

• 7 years later...
  • Staff

1. Although these are based on our various Chinese non religious customs/practises particularly:

- Cantonese / Hakka and five types of fruits representing the "5 Gods/spirits"

- Hokkien and Teochew : Fa Gao, pineapple ? and tea leaves (Hokkien)

2. Frankly there is no procedures cast in stone; here.

3. The key word is "pure common sense."

4. Assuming that one has left the items for a recommended three days;

5. Then by the fourth day: common sense says that Fa Gao or Huat Guay left in the open... Make a Guess ? Can consume or not???‍♂️

5.1 Perhaps do check out the condition of fruits like oranges ? most likely can still be salvaged etc..

6. Otherwise, rest of items either consumed or thrown away but never left below a tree ? or unfortunately given away to outsiders.

7. A few days ago a client sent me the attachment. If the green beans have sprouted; of course can be thrown away.

7.1 But if the green beans has not fully sprouted; can add water and hopefully it sprouts. But since this is a vegetable maximum is two weeks plus if too Long decay or rot sets in. Giving it an awful smell... thus throw...

IMG_1980.JPG

IMG_2071.PNG

IMG_2072.PNG

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Non-compulsory Chinese customs:

Again, this has nothing to do with Feng Shui.

Feng Shui is both an art & science.

Non-religious Chinese customs where some choose or choose not to do.

The main theme is about placing wealth...or the principle of placing Five treasures...

final.jpg

final.jpg

final.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...