About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

One Hundred Birds

myfs_139119

I have a question to ask,i've seen a i can't say it a painting because it's sown in thread of a hundred birds,i am curious to know if it's worthy to buy,i kind of want to hang it on the living room in a new Apartment i've bought,what dose one hundread birds mean,will it do good to me?please do advise me if i should buy it,for the thread sown picture of birds is on a display in a frame shop.please do advise.thank you

Ps;it dosen't look new for its already 30 yras old and its from china.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

1. Traditionally, the painting you are referring should be a painting with one large bird that is : the mystic Phoenix bird.

2. Many traditional Chinese wedding cards often show on the cover of the card a Dragon embracing a Phoenix.

3. The Dragon represent the male, while the Phoenix represents the female.

4. Based on the Four Symbolic Animal concepts, some Geomancers techically consider Dragon = East and the Phoenix = South.

5. Thus, some geomancers put 2 and 2 together and may out of kindergarten Feng Shui say that you should place this painting at the South wall. Without regard to whether this is a suitable place or not.

6. Other than the mystical Phoenix, other popular birds are the crane (longevity), swallow, magpies and even eagles.

7. Overall, in mandarin, the term bird or niao is actually referring to a male "penis". Thus, 100 birds may symbolically mean 100 penises? Wow... you want an orgy? is it?

8. This is why, birds are always not the first choice for the Chinese. More popular paintings are usually : Koi (carp) fishes, bats, horses and even tigers...

9. Thus, a painting of birds is not as fantastic - piece. Furthermore, "white chicken" in mandarin refers to a prostitute!

10. Luckily I suppose it is not a painting of 100 white chickens! Like, this, might as well open a brothel, rite?

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Staff

As metioned previously, the painting or embriodery would often have a large Phoneix bird and many smaller birds flying around....

This link shows a view of a traditinal Chinese wedding card invitation. If you notice carefully, the card shows to the left the Phoneix(female)embraced by the Dragon (male)

http://cgi.geomancy.net/mypictures/cgi-bin/mypictures.cgi?action=view&link=Celebrations_And_Festivals/Chinese_Weddings/invitation_cards&image=wedding-f2.gif&img=&tt=

The mancho, mancho man may hang a dragon painting to proclaim his manhood. The girlie person would hang a birdie, birdie painting to announce or proclaim the emanicipation of mimie.....

• Staff

I believe this is the first time that you have heard how the painting or embroidery of the 100 birds came about:-

1. One day a Ching Emperor just got married. He was impressed with the Dragon and Phoenix wedding card that an artist had produced for him.

2. He summoned the artist to the court. And this Ching Emperor decreed that the artist must for him a "trophy-painting" of him (the Emperor) with all his concubines in the painting.

3. The Emperor commanded that none of his concubines must be left out else the artist would pay a penalty for each concubine missing in the painting.

4. With the help of the Chief Eunuch, the artist, got the figure of all the concubines in the emperor's court as a total of 100 pretty ladies.

5. However, this artist has a problem! He is good at painting all sorts of animals but never, never the face and features of individuals or persons!

6. One day, he walked past a Chinese brothel! And he got his inspiration! Yes, these girls in the brothel are prostitues! And what is the difference between the Emperor's concubines? Are they also not prostitues to the Emperor? Abet a high class one!

7. Well, since all Chinese prostitues are known as "white chickens"; and since he is famous for painting animals be it cocks, hens, ducks etc...!

8. Thus, this is another spin story of maybe, how that 100 birds painting came about! If he did not tell the emperor, the emperor will never know that the painting deplicts 100 very high class prostitues!