About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Stove facing Windows

myfs_140098

Sponsored Link

• Staff

1. Many of the Feng Shui concepts are purely about commonsense.

2. For example, even without Feng Shui, many people are concerned with a bedroom directly above a kitchen - in particular, a stove. As it is felt that there may be a higher chance of a fire - in a kitchen than other areas of a home. And in addition, fire rises.

3. A stove equally should best be surrounded by a solid wall. Commonsense prevail that if there is some wind, it could EITHER:

3.1. Extinguish the flame and cause the gas to fill up the entire enclosed area e.g. the kitchen. And if there is any light source, the whole kitchen may just be engulfed in a volume of flame - or flash fire!

3.2. You don't want the flame to flow towards one's clothing - catching fire or worse, a small child at eye level walk past the stove and in a windy day, it may just blow towards the child's eyes!

4. That is why commonsense prevails that when we site a stove, it should be away from a windy area or an opened window. As there is such thing as high and low pressure zones especially prior to heavy rain occuring.

5. Typically, these are all just purely commonsense! And many other Feng Shui concepts are about this commonsense.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Sir,

the windows are pretty far away facing the stove and chances of wind
reaching the stove area are slim as it wasnt a windy area my kitchen
are facing. But would facing the windows have the same bad effect as
facing the door? If has, can you recommend a remedy?

Thanks

• Staff

1. Please see the two sample attachments.

2. These sample attachments are snap-shots of the kitchen area of a government Housing Board Flat.

3. Under Sample-A.gif, major consideration includes which sector the kitchen is located. And this layout plan is better than option under Sample-B.gif.

4. Under Sample-B.gif, the stove is "facing" the kitchen window. The plus point is that it is fairly far away. Otherwise, if the distance between the stove and window is too close, many geomancers would recommend the stove be in another location. Preference is under Sample-A.gif.

5. Often if the stove faces the kitchen or service yard window and is in full view of the master bedroom window, then symbolically if the master bedroom window is always opened, then it may lead to lots of quarrels.

Sir,

can i say that although my stove (my back) is facing the windows but it is a distance away which i do i not think a direct wind will reach the stove. There is no bad fengshui issue like a stove facing the kitchen entrance will bring bad luck to the owner?

Thanks

PS

• Staff

1. It is very common for the stove to face the living room. However, in some layouts, the stove faces a bedroom door.

2. For example,please see the attached illustration:

2.1 It shows a hypothetical case where this home does not have a kitchen door.

2.2 And the stove is facing one of the bedrooms (inYELLOW) where a family member is sleeping in the bedroom.

3. In this example, more importantly a stove facing especially the bedroom can affect the health of the person or parties sleeping in that bedroom.

Phil S. wrote:
Sir,

can i say that although my stove (my back) is facing the windows but it is a distance away which i do i not think a direct wind will reach the stove. There is no bad fengshui issue like a stove facing the kitchen entrance will bring bad luck to the owner?

Thanks

PS

• Staff

1. In this illustration, anything related to the "fire element" especially an oven or stove should not be directly facing a bedroom door.

2. As all of us are aware, how often we close the kitchen door - in most homes. So long as the kitchen door is closed all the time, then there is no effect of the oven facing the bedroom door.

Sir,

Thanks for your response. My stove is not facing the kitchen door or face any other rooms or room windows. My Stove is facing a window which is also part of the kitchen but about 6-7 meters away. Out of the windows is not facing any part of my house.

Thanks

PS