About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Favorite photos of Forbidden City, Beijing China

Cecil Lee

• Staff

This is a series of photos from my last visit in Beijing, China. The photos will include visit to the Great Wall, Ming Tombs and other interesting historical sites in China.

Over the next few months, I will be posting some interesting photos from my perspective...

Colour of Roof Tiles:-

Highest Rank : Blue = reserved only for Heavenly Temple. Not even the Emperor'spalace or abode can use this blue tile roofing.

Yellow roof tiles = reserved only for Emperor's palace or abode.

Other colours: Green = officials and other high ranking people

Grey roof tiles = common people.

The figurines found in this picture can be found at most ancient roofings all over the Forbidden city, temples and ancient buildings...

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Sponsored Link

• Staff

The Temple of Heaven is literally known as Altar of Heaven.

This is where the Emperors of the Ming and Qing dynasties held their annaul ceremonies of prayer to Heaven for good harvest.

In this picture, did you notice that the roof tiles are Blue? In this case, Blue rof tiles are only reserved for the highest form i.e. Heaven.

Even the roof where the Emperor lives can only use Yellow (Yellow emperor). No other buildings in that period is allowed to use Blue roofing tiles.

• Staff

China managed to get the Temple of Heaven ready before the Beijing Olympic games. If not, there is no opportunity to visit it so close-up.

Can you see the motifs on the roof sidewalls? The dragon symbolises Male while the Phoenix represents the Female.

Many traditional Chinese wedding cards have a dragon and phoenix symbol in embrace....