About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Traditional households store rice in bins

Cecil Lee

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Some households prefer instead the "see thru" non-traditional type of bins. Typically, these are never left empty, always filled when close-to or near empty...

In my opinion, households who use these are those who are consider function over pure-tradtion aka. modernist...

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Staff

Further to what I had mentioned:-

1. The see thru pastice rice bin is available to the NTUF Fairprice at SGP$7.90.

2. While the wooden barrel, that symbolises "a traditional" wealth bin costs SGP$33.00 and available at the so called "higher end" or "private" Cold Storage supermarket.

3. Frankly, I am surprised that when it comes to deployment: it does not mean that those who stay in a condo or landed property tend to buy or use Para 2: the wooden "wealth" barrel.

4. On the contrary, I have seen more who stay in a condo uses the more "practical" see thru rectangular bin: In my opinion, most likely due to space constraints and that this see thru is more practical: need not move especially for some who keep this bin in their store room - easily pour in a new bag of rice each time.

5. As for those standing in landed properties; I see more using the so called "higher end" SGP$33 wooden barrel one.

5.1 For those who stay in government housing board flats; maybe because many of the older flats have larger more spacious kitchens and because of greater number of older folks who view symbolism over function:

5.2 although the barrel often has to be carried out from the storage cabinet; but it symbolises wealth and even if rice is empty, it is not seen - thus from the outside no one can tell whether it is full or empty unless oneremoves the lid.

6. Thisreminds me of our former Prime Minister :Mr Goh Chock Tong. Heonce said : to understand or find out more of a family; go visit their toilet!

6.1. So the next time, you visityour relatives or friends; do check out their toilet and hahahaha... their rice bin... to "reveal some " of their hidden aspirations especially those using thewooden bin or for some; they prefer functionover symbolism cum aspiration...