About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Toilet in the wealth area

Hi, our toilet is located in the South-east which according to the Baqua is the wealth/prosperity sector. Everything I've read on this states that this is the one place the toilet should not be but does not really offer any "cures" for this situation.
What can I do?
Thank you
Carrie

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Carrie,
Under the Eight House Theory, as the compass directiors are sub-divided into 8 sectors, it is best that the toilet bowl is not located directly at the exact South-East compass degree.
Under the Flying Star Theory, the compass directions are sub-divided into 24 directions. Again, it is best that the toilet bowl does not fall within any of the compass 15 degree increments starting from 0 degrees, 15 degrees, 30 degrees.. etc...
There are two viewpoints with regards to the toilet:-
1. Majority of the practioners felt that this is a `Yin' location.
2. Some view it as a location where water `exists' in a house. And water is akin to a waterposition in the house.
Under Para 1, one has to try to make the toilet more Yang than Yin e.g. keep the toilet dry and bright.
It is acceptable to place a mirror over the wash basin in the toilet. But avoid placing mirrors at various locations in the toilet. As too many mirrors are considered too `yin'.
Under Para 2, it is best not to have the toilet at the centre-point of the house as water can at this location create `financial problems'.
Otherwise, there is really not much one can do unless it is possible to relocate the toilet or move house.
A good consolation is if one side of the toilet wall shares the same wall as the exterior wall. Here, the toilet will definitely not be at the centre of the house.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 11/16/99 8:24:22 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Hi, our toilet is located in
the South-east which according
to the Baqua is the
wealth/prosperity sector.
Everything I've read on this
states that this is the one
place the toilet should not be
but does not really offer any
"cures" for this situation.