Jump to content
About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link
 

Inviting Kuan Yin (Guan Yin) to New House + what is binding elements to select the best colour of Guan Yin


Recommended Posts


Dear Master,
We are planning to move-in to our new house on Vesak Day and inviting our existing Kuan Yin on that day to ournew house too.
Must I get ready the altar a day before Vesak Day? That is, must I have the incense burner, altar lights, water and fruit offerings ready before Kuan Yin arrives? Can my husband carry the Kuan Yin or must a lady carry her?
How about the Heavenly God incense burner - do I hang it up before Vesak Day or on that day?
Your guidance is greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Mystic Dragon
Link to post
Share on other sites
Sponsored Link
 
  • Administrators

These are some considerations:


1. Some purchase a brand new altar (or made-to-measure) at the new apartment.


1.1. If so, one can even have the space at the new apartment ready. For example, if it is a made-to-measure altar position, it would depend on the contractor to finish "everything". (Majority of renovations).


1.2. The above is common sense. If you have an existing altar at the present apartment and transfering Kuan Yin on Vesak Day, this is fine or OK.


1.3. What one is concerned is, to distrub Kuan Yin, as some have to remove Kuan Yin and place her and her ancillary items somewhere. And move the altar to the new apartment.


1.4. And what is most concerned is where to place Kuan Yin tempoary at the existing apartment. Not like you should place (her) on the floor tiles or at the shoe cabinet table top.


2. Yes, moving her on Vesak Day is fine or OK.


2.1 Often, avoid moving her after 2.59pm as this is close to the Yang-Yin period or the daytime where Yang element is at it's lowest.


2.2 Frankly, it does not mean that Kuan Yin is out of bounds by your husband touching her. Thus, no harm for him to carry her.


2.3 If possible, for devout buddhists, best that you observe things like try to avoid eating meat as a respect e.g. especially the eve and the day of moving her. (This depends.)


2.4. In fact, no harm having "strong arms" holding her instead of IN CASE if the female could be more feeble. Worse still, if the woman is in period, then it is best not for her to carry Kuan Yin. Although Kuan Yin is always forgiving; it is considered taboo or bad luck for a woman in period to do such things.


3. Usually, prior to a move; words are uttered in mandarin : "My or Our apologies for disturbing you. As we will be bringing you to our new apartment. And state your new apartment's address e.g. Block 888 Clement Avenue 1 #12-888.


4. By tradition, if there is a flyover or bridge, you may have to warn her that you are "crossing a bridge". If no bridge, just flat ground ignore this Para 4.


5. On reaching below at the void deck of your new apartment block; tell Kuan Yin that you had arrived at the ground floor. And that you will be bringing her up to your new apartment at e.g. Block 888 Clement Avenue 1 #12-888.


6. Then the usual, place her and do up the altar and give offerings.


7. For a new joss stick receptacle (incense burner) , try to wrap e.g. even number of coins e.g. 2 x 10 cents in a red paper and place it right at the bottom of the urn.


7.1. If it is an existing Joss stick receptacle (incense burner), never empty it fully. Try to leave 1/2 joss ashes to the new apartment. Thus never go and totally wash clean this receptacle.
You also wrote: How about the Heavenly God incense burner - do I hang it up before Vesak Day or on that day?
8. It is common for many to completely purchase a new one (incense burner). And if possible follow Para 7 above.
8.1. Common sense says that if you are moving in on Vesak Day or only bringing in the gods on Vesak Day, which is an auspicious day, then best not do do drilling on that day.
8.2. Of course, if the hook is already in place and it is merely to hang the incense burner, there is no issue.
9. Please note that there is no ONE size fits all situation. Again it depends. So long as one seems to give respect, one is not going against the WILL of heaven. Look at it this way, by the fact that you are willing to invite the various "gods"; they would already I believe be appreciative of the situation.
10. Furthermore, Kuan Yin being the Goddess of Mercy is suppose to be the most obliging and "forgiving". And there is no Encylopedia Britannica strictly for such CUSTOMS.

Quote
On 4/25/2012 11:15:52 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Master,We are planning to
move-in to our new house on
Vesak Day and inviting our
existing Kuan Yin on that day
to ournew house too.Must
I get ready the altar a day
before Vesak Day? That
is, must I have the incense
burner, altar lights, water
and fruit offerings ready
before Kuan Yin arrives?
Can my husband carry the Kuan
Yin or must a lady carry
her?How about the Heavenly God
incense burner - do I hang it
up before Vesak Day or on that
day?Your guidance is greatly
appreciated.Regards,Mystic
Dragon


Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net
Link to post
Share on other sites


Dear Master,
Thanks for your prompt reply... really appreciated it spacer.png
Regards,
Mystic Dragon

 

Quote

On 4/25/2012 12:14:38 PM, Anonymous wrote:
These are some considerations:
1. Some purchase a brand new
altar (or made-to-measure) at
the new apartment.
1.1. If so, one can even have
the space at the new apartment
ready. For example, if it is a
made-to-measure altar
position, it would depend on
the contractor to finish
"everything". (Majority of
renovations).
1.2. The above is common
sense. If you have an existing
altar at the present apartment
and transfering Kuan Yin on
Vesak Day, this is fine or OK.
1.3. What one is concerned is,
to distrub Kuan Yin, as some
have to remove Kuan Yin and
place her and her ancillary
items somewhere. And move the
altar to the new apartment.
1.4. And what is most
concerned is where to place
Kuan Yin tempoary at the
existing apartment. Not like
you should place (her) on the
floor tiles or at the shoe
cabinet table top.
2. Yes, moving her on Vesak
Day is fine or OK.
2.1 Often, avoid moving her
after 2.59pm as this is close
to the Yang-Yin period or the
daytime where Yang element is
at it's lowest.
2.2 Frankly, it does not mean
that Kuan Yin is out of bounds
by your husband touching her.
Thus, no harm for him to carry
her.
2.3 If possible, for devout
buddhists, best that you
observe things like try to
avoid eating meat as a respect
e.g. especially the eve and
the day of moving her. (This
depends.)
2.4. In fact, no harm having
"strong arms" holding her
instead of IN CASE if the
female could be more feeble.
Worse still, if the woman is
in period, then it is best not
for her to carry Kuan Yin.
Although Kuan Yin is always
forgiving; it is considered
taboo or bad luck for a woman
in period to do such things.
3. Usually, prior to a move;
words are uttered in mandarin
: "My or Our apologies for
disturbing you. As we will be
bringing you to our new
apartment. And state your new
apartment's address e.g. Block
888 Clement Avenue 1 #12-888.
4. By tradition, if there is a
flyover or bridge, you may
have to warn her that you are
"crossing a bridge". If no
bridge, just flat ground
ignore this Para 4.
5. On reaching below at the
void deck of your new
apartment block; tell Kuan Yin
that you had arrived at the
ground floor. And that you
will be bringing her up to
your new apartment at e.g.
Block 888 Clement Avenue 1
#12-888.
6. Then the usual, place her
and do up the altar and give
offerings.
7. For a new joss stick
receptacle (incense burner) ,
try to wrap e.g. even number
of coins e.g. 2 x 10 cents in
a red paper and place it right
at the bottom of the urn.
7.1. If it is an existing Joss stick
receptacle (incense burner), never empty
it fully. Try to leave 1/2 joss ashes to
the new apartment. Thus never go and
totally wash clean this receptacle.You
also wrote: How about the Heavenly God
incense burner - do I hang it up before
Vesak Day or on that day?8. It is common
for many to completely purchase a new
one (incense burner). And if possible
follow Para 7 above. 8.1. Common sense
says that if you are moving in on Vesak
Day or only bringing in the gods on
Vesak Day, which is an auspicious day,
then best not do do drilling on that
day.8.2. Of course, if the hook is
already in place and it is merely to
hang the incense burner, there is no
issue.9. Please note that there is no
ONE size fits all situation. Again it
depends. So long as one seems to give
respect, one is not going against the
WILL of heaven. Look at it this way, by
the fact that you are willing to invite
the various "gods"; they would already I
believe be appreciative of the
situation. 10. Furthermore, Kuan Yin
being the Goddess of Mercy is suppose to
be the most obliging and "forgiving".
And there is no Encylopedia Britannica
strictly for such CUSTOMS.On 4/25/2012
11:15:52 AM, Mystic Dragon wrote:
Dear Master,We are planning to
move-in to our new house on
Vesak Day and inviting our
existing Kuan Yin on that day
to
ournew house too.Must
I get
ready the altar a day
before Vesak
Day? That
is, must I have the
incense
burner, altar lights, water
and fruit offerings ready
before
Kuan Yin arrives?
Can my
husband carry the Kuan
Yin or must a
lady carry
her?How about the
Heavenly God
incense burner - do I
hang it
up before Vesak Day or on
that
day?Your guidance is greatly
appreciated.Regards,Mystic
Dragon

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 years later...
Guest Anthony

Hi Sir

Recently my 1st kid (2 years 7 months) have been crying at night for almost 2 weeks plus and we have went temple praying but the crying continues...was told likely "disturbance"

1 of the advice is to invite and place Kuan Yin at my home....

May i ask what is the procedure as we never have any altar at home plus my wife is near 6 months pregnant with 2nd child .

Apppreciate your kind advice...

Rdgs

Anthony

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators
6 hours ago, Guest Anthony said:

Hi Sir

Recently my 1st kid (2 years 7 months) have been crying at night for almost 2 weeks plus and we have went temple praying but the crying continues...was told likely "disturbance"

1 of the advice is to invite and place Kuan Yin at my home....

May i ask what is the procedure as we never have any altar at home plus my wife is near 6 months pregnant with 2nd child .

Apppreciate your kind advice...

Rdgs

Anthony

1. One of the most common holistic approach is to go to the Guan Yin temple to get everything done for the whole process.

2. As for purchasing the Guan Yin figurine; neutral ones are often white body with a nice human complexion.

3. As for pregnancy, has more to do with taboos. Like not moving or shifting the bed of conception etc..

*** Full stop or just stop, here ***

 

** Don't read further **

Other supplementary info..

4. Others: some base on the Ba zi to determine the "type" of Guan Yin.

For eg. Pinkish = fire element

Greenish or wooden = Wood element

White = neutral or metal element. Safest bet

Gold = metal element

5. Alternatively an experienced geomancer should be able to trouble-shoot - if one is hesitant to place a Guan Yin Long term.

6. First steps include checking for any Yin imbalances. And there are some first round measures like "resetting" the bed etc..

This figurine is of a neutral tone:-

IMG_4977.JPG.fed632e4e5f89c6aa7870d752cd0ac2f.JPG

 

 

 

 

 


Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 years later...
  • Administrators

Morning Cecil, we are near move in date on Sunday 28/7. By right today but the house still have a few more adjustments. 

Quick Questions. 
1) When I move Goddess of Mercy in together on Sunday, what offerings must I prepare? 

2) on Sunday 28/7, Do I perform move in procedures first or move Goddess first ?  

Many Thanks

Reply: 

1. More importanly before leaving tell her new address. Reached tell her have reached and about to go up to new home. When outside the door, tell her we have just arrived.

1.1. Offerings as what you normally offer especially fruits...

2. You can do both? Open door, do ONE part of the procedure.. like throw in pineapple. THEN move her in.

2.1. Once completed, I am sure you are able to continue with the rest of the move in procedures right? Move in procedures can be staggered...

"Excellent. Many thanks"

moving chinese altar.png


Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...
  • Administrators

Case Study: What type of Kuan Yin (Guan Yin) Figurine is suitable to my family?

final.jpgfinal.jpg

Clear cut that the photo below is that of the metal (gold) element 

final.jpg

1. In many instances, one method is via the binding element analysis of the two owners / married couples (Mr and Mrs).

2. For example, Mr A is a Strong Earth person.

2.1. And Mrs B is a Strong Fire person.

3. Their binding element is Metal and Water.

4. Here, I would usually recommend that they get a "Gold" Guan Yin (Kuan Yin)

18027301_CaseStudySampleFengShuiAudit1_3.thumb.png.ae473498e2e4d53524d81f18b98f7276.png

5. I would strongly recommend an overall white Guan Yin (with a natural face).

1900320459_CaseStudySampleFengShuiAudit1_4.thumb.png.434fd482c96359c86c603afd86fa3bd0.png

6. Some prefer instead a Gold coloured Guan Yin. Still acceptable as this also belongs to the Metal element.

7. A Guan Yin wearing blueish clothings is also acceptable. Although it has more to do with personal taste + less common. And may thus not be as acceptable to some.

8. A Sample of Geomancy.net's detailed Feng Shui Audit report with above two illustrations under Pages 3 and 4 respectively.

Case Study Sample Feng Shui Audit 1.pdf


Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
Guest Guest

Hi Master Cecil. 

I have a Guan Yin figurine at home but we have not done any prayers to "kai guang" in the past. 
There is no offerings too.

I have recently heard that this is not advisable as we might "invite" the wrong things into our house instead. 

would you be able to advise? thanks!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators

These are generally some important factors:-

1. If one has the time, please go through this article. Higher probability might invite the wrong things as found in one of the articles on "Devil's gate":

2. Or if so happens when a person is in LOW spirits or suffering depression = low Yang energy thus can attract Yin elements into the home. Here, a DUD Guan Yin is a good place for these entities to hide themselves into.

2.1. Recently, a few months ago, a new client revealed that not too long ago, he was in very low spirits and whilst walking at a park outside Hougang Parkview... an entity followed him into his HDB home.

2.2. Previously also around 12 years ago, a previous owner left a Guan Yin statute and qi lin. He bought the 2nd storey unit and created a niche for the Guan Yin. To put the story short, yes, this Guan Yin was breached by an entity that kept on disturbing his children...


Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Cecil Lee locked this topic
  • 5 months later...
  • Administrators


Another client wanted to pray to Guan Yin.

Seek advice from me on type of Guan Yin to buy.

20658834-3662-4668-B8D3-1FD3C4783D09.thumb.jpeg.0cbf12212380a1a9449b3a9dd4851aae.jpegD66075C8-7365-4FA1-A968-BBEBF26C68AE.thumb.jpeg.c70b7e18246407918fd9a711d4c5a720.jpeg

Taught the technique of using the Chinese Lou Pan with the Guan Yin figurine.

0EDDDFD0-688E-422B-B14D-7CC85C62AE52.jpeg


Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...