About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Trying to determine elements to use

My husband is a weak wood/north person and I am a strong earth/south person. Am I correct in understanding that we need to increase the wood by using more water for him and increase wood to decrease the earth for me? Also, I am lacking in the water and metal elements, (I have none), should I increase these as well in our home or just in my personal space? Will this hurt my husband? Thank you so much for clarifying this for me. I thought you had to use the correct element in each room based on that room's direction, consequently, I am re-thinking my homes arrangement and colors.
Thanks so much.
Carrie

• 3 weeks later...
Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Carrie,
Sorry for the delay in reply.
The key to the Five Elements is about `balance' in one's element:
1. If one is weak wood, the most effective enhancement is water. Where water supports wood. Think of it as water making plants grow.
Using wood to enhance wood is less effective method.
2. One should also take note under one's pillars of destiny season we are in.
Under the Pillars of Destiny - Luck Pillars report, one can check the period (10 year period) one is in and from there check to see what is the prevailing season of influence.
For example, if one is a weak water person and the season of influence is fire element, as fire destroys water, it will be an inauspicious period for a weak water person.
Under such a situation, one would need more water during this period.
Contrast it with a season of water influence. Here, water is auspicious to a weak wood person. In this period, one should not overly increase one's environment with water. Too much water, will cause an imbalance to the person. The result: sickness or intense competition.
For the home it is good to use the Pillars of Comparison report at www.geomancy-online.com to check the binding element for both partners.
Here, the element or elements can be used effectively in the home to `bind' both parties especially in their bedroom and living room.
Individually, one can wear clothes that enhances one's element. For example in a season which is not influenced by water or any other elements not affecting water, one can wear clothes that are blue, green, brown.
Therefore, for the home, use the binding element for both partners and for individuals, can use colours or jewellery. Again, seek a balance. Do not go overboard.
Remember that Feng Shui is about balance and not `overeating' or drowning oneself.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 11/29/99 9:24:09 PM, Anonymous wrote:
My husband is a weak
wood/north person and I am a
strong earth/south person. Am
I correct in understanding
that we need to increase the
wood by using more water for
him and increase wood to
decrease the earth for me?
Also, I am lacking in the