About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

The `missing' link between Shapes & Form and Compass School

• Staff

Dear Users,
I understand that there are many new users in this forum.
In my personal opinion, there is another way of looking at the " relationship " between Shapes and Form Feng Shui and Compass School Feng Shui.
My belief is that if you are more inclined and love to see pictures or illustrations rather than mathematics, more likely you are inclined towards the Shapes and Form School of Feng Shui better than the Compass School.
I believe this is usually the case. But there are exceptional people or you could be one who is both comfortable with Shapes and Form and the Compass School. Again, in my opinion, not many come under this classification.
What is the purpose, you may ask am I saying all these?
Partially, this has to do with whether we are `right-brain' or `left-brained'.
One is better at artistic or spatial and while the other in figures, accuracy etc...
Similarly, in the US, a university like Harvard is inclined towards the art, written expression such as Human Resource and other humanity subjects. Less of mathematics.
On the other spectrum, in my opinion, universites like University of California, has more who are inclined towards mathematics.
From my personal observation, if you are good at the `artistic' side or love to see pictures, read the last page first rather then from page 1, most likely the Shapes and Form School appeals more to you.
There are those who are less inclined towards `Shapes and Form' will go more towards the mathematical side of Feng Shui e.g. the Flying Star.
My observations are as follows:-
More inclined towards the mathematics of Feng Shui:-
Raymond Lo
Master Yu
Robert Lee
More inclined towards the Shapes and Form School:-
Master Yap Cheng Hai
Author Lillian Too
(I believe I am here)
What I mentioned is that one is more `inclined' rather than a continuum of Hot and Cold. So far, no one is at the extreme end i.e. Purely Shapes and Form or Purely Compass School.
What I also believe is that:
1. The more, I develops the Shapes and Form, the more, one has a better developed your "sixth sense." For these group who know Compass School can use it to cross check on their feelings.
Quite often, I am able to `differentiate' which house I believe is a better house or a specific location is better.
2. It would explain is my belief that for those who were inclined towards Compass School, uses the mathematical side to find out a situation as they are less able to differentiate or use the `sixth sense'.
Anyway, this is based on my personal observation which I hope, even if I am proven wrong, is certainly another way of looking at `things'.
So are you inclined to be a Shapes and Form Person or a Compass School person? Erh.. no write or wrong answer:)
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• 5 months later...
Sponsored Link

Dear Cecil,
I would like to know that for benefit of Fung Shui, which school should l follow.
Is it possible to combine 2 schools for the analysis?
If l engage a Fung Shui Master, do they have to know both? What factors do l have to consider for engagging a Master.
About "Six- Senses" , do it sharpen with knowing details of Form and Shapes ? Or has it got yo do with a person personal
sensitivity??
Thank you for your reply.
Regards
Helen

• Staff

Dear Helen,
1. From your email address, I noticed that you are from Singapore.
You should not have a problem finding a Feng Shui practitioner in Singapore. However, I understand that some FS practitioners in Singapore practise Shapes and Form plus the Eight House only.
2. Ideally, you should get a Feng Shui practitioner where possible skilled in at least the three key areas:
2.1 Shapes and Form
2.2 Eight House
2.3 Flying Star
Para 2.1 is important as Feng Shui audit cannot be done in isolation. This is where some FS practitioners simply go into e.g. Flying Star and `nothing else'.
If you have noticed there are many `live' examples of users here who, may have Shapes and Form School problems e.g. poison arrows pointed at their main door etc...
So tackling one area does not mean that simply means that the `problem' is solved.
3. The key essence here is also to get word-of-mouth recommendation if possible.
4. In my opinion, having read the various `occupations', it is interesting to note that in one interpretation, a weak wood is a `good candidate'of being a good FS practitioner who can develop their `sixth sense'.
I am not saying that others are not but this is one of the `interpretations'. Perhaps, other `weak' persons could do equally.
5. Each Feng Shui theory has a specific purpose. It also has its advantage and limitations.
It is by understanding fully what each theory can and cannot do, can a true practitioner help others fully.
6. Another interesting thing to note is that there are certain days that a Feng Shui practitioner should not do `calculations' as it can affect them.
That is why, we have on this site, computerised it so that the impact will not on us. This is another reason why, I would rather concentrate on analysis portion.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 4/5/00 9:53:00 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Cecil,
I would like to know that for
benefit of Fung Shui, which
school should l follow.
Is it possible to combine 2
schools for the analysis?
If l engage a Fung Shui
Master, do they have to know
both? What factors do l have