About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Fengshui mirrors

Prem

I am living in a south facing house. The house has two doors, the main door facing south and another door from the car park which is south-west. Just below the car park is the drainage which I feel is not auspicious. We have been having water related issues ver y frequently either leaks, water tank damages, pressure valve issues, drainage clogging etc. Also job wise not seeing growth, but having so much pressure too. I bought two fengshui mirrors through one of a friend's colleague who bought from China. Please advise where should I place these mirrors. I was thinking to keep one mirror inside the house after we enter from the car garage that has a drainage below and inside the house after we enter the south-west door before entering the kitchen there is another door. Please advise on this.

Above the car park is the terrace and just behind is the first floor bathroom. 

Considering this please advise about where is the best place where I can use the second mirror. 

I am attaching both the mirrors with its both sides

Mirror-Side2.JPG

Mirror-Side1.JPG

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Frankly, contrary to popular western beliefs, mirrors are not everyday household items in most Chinese homes.

You can do a search in this forum for ba gua or Pakua mirrors.

Generally, mirrors are:-

1. Convex mirror is to deflect poison arrows such as a main door facing a poison arrow such as a sharp corner of another building etc.. For example a lamp post aimed towards the main door or a tree trunk slicing towards the main door.

2. Concave mirror is often used to "suck wealth".

3. Flat mirror is often part of a ba gua mirror that has 8 trigrams.

3.1. Para 1 and 2 can also be in the middle of a ba gua mirror with the 8 trigrams surrounding. If so, it is a dual purpose mirror.

3.2 For example the ba gua 8 trigrams with a convex mirror is duo-fold = to deflect sha qi and to ward off evil.

4. Frankly, there is no logic ... just because a person bought two or even three ba gua mirrors mean that they have to fully utilize all two mirrors / or three. Whether it is bought in China or Far East, does not matter if it is not necessary to be use.

5. If the drain is on the ground; and one hangs a ba gua mirror above the door; logically, one is above; the other is below. In my opinion; no common sense logic to use the mirror.

6. A solution is usually, to try to "cover" the drainage e.g. placing a pot of plant(s) etc..

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Thanks for your response. Please advise what type of mirrors are in the attached pictures sent in the original query.

Liked the idea of keeping a plot pf plant on top of the drainage lid.

• Staff
9 hours ago, Prem said:

Thanks for your response. Please advise what type of mirrors are in the attached pictures sent in the original query.

Liked the idea of keeping a plot pf plant on top of the drainage lid.

Frankly, I don't know what type of material the mirrors you posted are made of.

Why is it important to consider both the size and material?

This is because all traditional ba gua or pakua mirrors are light-weight either made of soft wood lining or plastic.

If the ba gua mirror in your photo is made of metal e.g. brass and even with the size; common sense says that if it is not hung properly or even if it is perceived to be hung properly, should this mirror drop down... it can damage a child's head or even injure an adult.

For this reason, if it does made of metal e.g. brass or copper ... and also subject to the elements... you may have bought those "tourist" type of ornamental ba gua mirrors.

As I mentioned earlier, a search of the term e.g. Pakua or Ba gua in this forum will yield many pages of past resources on this topic. And none of the mirrors used are not as "lethal" if it were to fall off.... (assuming again that it looks like metallic).

Furthermore, if this metallic - whatever item was to be hung above a window of an apartment unit : if it does drop drop of for whatever reason.. it can be a deadly litter..

Thus, it is unbelievable that anyone in their right mind would want to hang such "metallic" things.

PS. Bought in China does not imply that it is for ... China was a communist country for the 60 plus years. And items bought there may not automatically mean that they are "useable".  For one it can be unsafe; secondly.. when China was an atheist country.. only overseas Chinese practiced and use specific items.. that are SAFE. And In Hong Kong, Malaysia & Singapore..they use light wood bagua or plastic rimmed Ines...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Warren Shing

Hi Cecil!

I had a question about personal Trigrams. Would it be bad Feng Shui to display one's own personal trigram (in my case "Chen" on my bed's headboard or would that be seriously bad luck?