About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Pregnant and Moving

Leanne

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Frankly this has nothing to do with Feng Shui.

Feng Shui is scientific.

Thus, there is nothing hardcoded.

And if one were to ask 100 persons; most likely it is as good as flipping a coin... heads or tail; yes or no.

For the Chinese; it is a taboo to move the “bed of conception” during the pregnancy.

Or participate in anything remotely resembling the renovations or move-in.. for fear of touchwood accidents etc.. that’s all.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• 1 year later...
  • Staff

[Note: Wife is pregnant]

Question: Thank you. 1)After my husband bring all stuffs to the new home, can I come help him to unpack and arrange stuffs? 2) is it ok for my husband to arrange chairs and table when I'm not in the house? 3)there are 4 ceiling lights in master bedroom, 1 in the middle of the ceiling and 3 in front of the wardrobe in corridor, do we have to change it?

Comments:

1. Frankly this has nothing to do with Feng Shui.
There are so many Chinese dialect groups and even their own practices.

More important, you have to check with your husband's matriach or mother. As often, such things are governed by the mother.

Thus if your husband's mother gives you blessing to do so.. then go ahead.

If you ask, even if I said okay, can easily be overruled by the matriach or hubby mother.

2. Why not. He is not pregnant or anything like that. More importantly the taboo is the master bedroom.

If you were to move-in before giving birth, then as mentioned, the bed has to be set correctly. And not moved until after baby's 1 month old. This is sort of the Chinese traditional practises.