About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Which 3 position is best for wall clock?

blubugs

Hi Master Cecil, I have read quite extensively (on internet and on this forum) on position for wall clock but still have some doubts - e.g. I know it is inauspicious to put clock on top of a door but some sources say clock should NOT look inwards into bedroom while others say clock should NOT face a window etc.  

Can you see attached floor plan of my living room (windows facing north east direction) and let me know which position (in red) is the best to place a wall clock? 

A - behind dining table but may be looking inwards into the bedrooms

B- beside altar but looking out to the windows

C-beside a wall to kitchen

Note - the position of altar can be changed as well but after reading your advice extensively on this forum, I feel this is the best position - pls let me know if this is not the case. 

LR clock.jpg

Sponsored Link

• Staff

This is a popular Chinese taboo

1. Please note the placement of a clock has more to do with symbolism and the Chinese. Not so much of other races (if any).

1375778212_symbolismofaclock.png.8252ede64f3a08e174a55fb62dbbef21.png

1.1. Here, the Chinese find it inauspicious to get a gift of a clock for a home.

1.2. And with this, hanging a clock facing one's main door for example is like also coming into the home and a clock facing the person.

1.3. Under symbolism, this is considered inauspicious.

2. The other consideration that is not based on Para 1 is based on common sense. Why?

2.1. For example, some Feng Shui masters say one shouldn't place a clock above a door or above the passageway leading into the bedroom or anywhere that is above a door. 

2.2. The rationale is the notion that if the clock falls: it may hit someone's head. Or worse, trip a person.

2.3. Or if the clock has a glass surface, the surface may crack and if the glass is not made of tempered glass; fragment and dangerous to step on. Of course, one can say that I buy a $1 Ikea clock which is all plastic. So what is the worry? And the most I kick the clock when it falls on the floor. Then go ahead if you have no concern for this.

3. Coming back to your proposed placement:

3.1. Ideally, best not to place a clock at B. Nowadays most clocks don't make a loud "tick-tick" sound.. but if so, it is not ideal to be at B that may "irritate" the god(s)".

3.2. As location A is not in direct view of the passageway, it is a consideration.

3.3. Location C is acceptable subject if one is considered with Para 2.2. where, if the clock falls off, it is along the passageway.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Good morning master lee, does hanging a wall clock have fengshui? I need to put a wall clock in the living room. Or i could hang it facing the bedroom walkways beside the atlar ?

Reply: Not facing walkway leading into bedrooms. Avoid facing the main door. Avoid facing altar or above it. Or above the passageway ceiling before entering the bedroom.The rest is ok

041D7415-6806-46DD-8918-C15D04E907FD.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Good morning master lee, does hanging a wall clock have fengshui? I need to put a wall clock in the living room. Or i could hang it facing the bedroom walkways beside the atlar ?

Reply: Not facing walkway leading into bedrooms. Avoid facing the main door. Avoid facing altar or above it. Or above the passageway ceiling before entering the bedroom.The rest is ok

741774B1-D5E8-4C8B-962E-091CA511A6B7.png

• 3 years later...
  • Staff

Master Lee, we move in to our new house at [hidden] already. Can I seek your advise on any location to avoid in putting this simple clock ?

Avoid facing the front door, corridor facing the passageway to the bedrooms or above the passageway beam leading into the bedrooms. Or directly facing the front door.

Otherwise, no issue.

2B8444EC-ED54-4A28-B823-C7FC079216FD.png

07844A0F-1DA3-44E6-A10B-97ADD06011B3.jpeg