About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Head or foot of bed pointing to the direction of the street/main gate

stelle123

Greetings, Master Lee,

I understand the importance of positioning a bed in relation to bedroom door, windows and mirrors. However, a friend just commented that even though a bed is not facing a bedroom door, it is still bad fengshui if the head or foot of the bed points to the direction of the street/main gate/car port. My bed is in the middle of the house, not at the front side, which will understandably be noisy. Is my friend's comment true?

Sponsored Link

• Staff

What is the coffin position?

1618868403_coffinposition.thumb.gif.ef6111f4616cfe2e1899e0a921016ba9.gif

1. In the past, when a deceased died and later brought home prior to the funeral, the person's head would come into the home through the main door.

2.Thus when it is time for the funeral, the legs (first) were brought out through the main door / main gate and towards the streets.

3. This is the significance or origins of your friend's comments.

4. In addition, nowadays many new ECs and condos have full glass panels in the bedrooms. And thus even if one's legs does not face the bedroom door = coffin position; the legs face the windows. Again, this can still be considered as a coffin position.

4.1. What I want to say, here is that Para 4. has some truth based also on common sense.

4.2. For example, if one's home is at ground floor and 2nd floor and if the curtains are not drawn properly.. one could look into the bedroom. And don't want to be able to see the underwear that person is wearing especially if legs are wide open and facing the windows. 

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you very much for the explanation, Master Lee. 

Fortunately, my beds (both in first and second floor) are not in direct alignment to the bedroom door. Each is perpendicular to the bedroom door. So the legs are already correct in that they don't point to the bedroom door.

However, my friend says that even though the legs don't point towards the bedroom door, it is still bad fengshui if the legs or head is in the direction of the street or main gate. It doesn't make sense to me, but some people seem to be very sure about it. I'd love to hear your expert opinion.

IMG_6954.jpg

Edited by stelle123

• Staff
3 hours ago, stelle123 said:

Thank you very much for the explanation, Master Lee. 

Fortunately, my beds (both in first and second floor) are not in direct alignment to the bedroom door. Each is perpendicular to the bedroom door. So the legs are already correct in that they don't point to the bedroom door.

However, my friend says that even though the legs don't point towards the bedroom door, it is still bad fengshui if the legs or head is in the direction of the street or main gate. It doesn't make sense to me, but some people seem to be very sure about it. I'd love to hear your expert opinion.

IMG_6954.jpg

Yes, it also does not make sense to me. (Based on pure common sense).

But everyone is always entitled to their opinions. 

• 8 months later...
  • Cecil Lee pinned this topic
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...