About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Is it bad if the right side of the house is larger than left side

moon88

Dear cecil,
I read somewhere that if the right side of the house has more space compared to the left side then it causes imbalance of chi since it makes the house more yin since the tiger side gets stronger than the dragon and should be remedied. Is this true. Thanks.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,
Usually from the frontage of the house, both sides (left and right) should be balanced.
So far, I seldom have ever come across a house where (from the frontage) it looks unbalanced at either side unless it is a large building. If so, this should not be a factor.
It is not correct to say that the tiger side gets `stronger' than the dragon side. The only factor is that it is ideal condition if the dragon and tiger embrance i.e. Dragon is usually taller and tiger shorter. It can be a hill or landmark (true dragon /tiger) or a false dragon or tiger such such a road etc...
Usually, the shape and form of a building should be "whole" and not of odd shape especially if we look at it from a helicopter view. It is best to have a `whole' or regular shaped house rather than to call it as a tiger being stronger than a dragon etc...
In my applied Feng Shui book, I have mentioned something to the effect of one entering a house from the dragon and the tiger side. Having different dept or preception.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 1/26/00 7:07:32 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear cecil,
I read somewhere that if the
right side of the house has
more space compared to the
left side then it causes
imbalance of chi since it
makes the house more yin since
the tiger side gets stronger
than the dragon and should be