About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Poh

Poh K H

Hi,

Am looking at changing my Main Door.

Currently they are 2 equal sized leaf withbeach leaf being less than 1m width.

We usually opens only 1 leaf and find that leaf being a little too narrow.

I was thinking to replace it with unequal sized 2 leaf door. i.e. Wider side (at least 1m in width) for frequent use.

However, my friend mentioned 2 different sized leaf main door creates inequality in gender or something.

Can you advise?

Thank you.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

These are some considerations:

1. Frankly, there is certainly no "one-size" fits all answer to this.

2. There are many Indian Chiefs or varied opinions: be it from a Feng Shui Master or any person's opinion.

3. Personally, I would categorise your question akin to such a question asked: "I was told that a bedroom must have two bed-side tables between the bed" Sort of question.

4. Common sense, here ... says that a bedroom with two side-tables looks better. Even if it is not of a Feng Shui origin.

5. I would classify your question as : " Feng Shui does not really micro-manage this".

6. Just that most of us come to expect a "pair" ... of eyes... when we look at a car, a car has two head lights and two tail lights... 

7. Or the symbolism especially for the Chinese to buy a dining table set with even number of chairs.

7.1. Raise your hands if one has ever come across a purchase of a dining table / chairs set to be provided with only 3 or odd number of chairs? Hardly right?

8. Thus generally, to some, it brings comfort knowing that one has a "balanced" set of front doors.

8.1. More so, if one is a practising Conservative Feng Shui Master: who only eats, sleeps on the front door... nothing but the front door:-

9. Many condo developments especially in Singapore also have two leafs ... a smaller and a larger one.

10. The main "culprit" is of course Singapore's Public Housing. And especially in the 2000's till today... all HDB flats have a small leaf with a front door.

11. If so, no wonder.. hundreds of thousands of Singaporeans NO WONDER (kena) or affected by gender inequality... if we take this explanation!

12. I believe statistically this truly does not make sense if one is given such figures to analyse. 

13. Thus it has more to do with your personal preference. And either don't follow the Jones or tell these people: "Hey! this is none of your business.. This is my house... ".. LOL

P.S. Furthermore, many terrace homes in Singapore may not need twin-identical front doors. Especially if opening of one or more doors can lead to a straight path from the front door towards the rear.... "Hard to save money" and/or "Eldest child cannot get married... if..."

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Staff

Further to what I mentioned, another factor is common sense.

Where a client’s landed home has the largest opening only via the identical two leaf front doors. And very much everything are either windows are one leaf backyard door(s).

Luckily for this large set of doors, they were able to bring in large (cannot be dismantled) furnitures such as an oversized solid oak dining table and or Bali all solid bed frames..

Thank god for the huge front doors.

This does makes (common sense) agree? KEE CHIU! 

• Staff

There is a twist to the above story...

Even with a huge front door opening.. the Sold Bali bed simply could not be negotiated via the home’s stairs..

As a result.. the bed was instead hoisted via a crane into the master bedroom ....

Here, an extra large front door opening also no use for this!