About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Odd shape bedrooms for re-sale flats in Sengkang. Lease commencement date of around 1999 to 2003.

Biancaneve0666

Hi Master Cecil, my partner and I are actively looking for resale flats in Sengkang. We have been looking around and realized that most of the units near the MRT station have odd shape rooms. One example that I am looking at is this unit. The corner of the common bedrooms are pointed, the main door is facing the northwest direction. Is this bad in terms of fengshui? Should I still be looking at houses shaped like this? Looking forward to your advice, thank you very much!

960A9303-E7FF-45A2-B352-031E8B6CF3D4.jpeg

Sponsored Link

• Staff

This layout plan are mostly HDB flats completed around year 1999 to around 2002 under Period 7 Flying Star Period.

In general these are some considerations:

1. Avoid the stove facing the toilet door which faces the sink

image.png.7be43842da4129516a2897b8fdaa679a.png

1.1. Sometimes the owner may change the position of the toilet door. If so, avoid a stove facing this toilet door.

2. Often many of these homes do not install a kitchen door. Even so, avoid an oven / toaster or micro-wave facing bedroom 2 door. Especially if this is a bedroom. Else the above and sharp objects can affect the health of those sleeping in bedroom 2. If bedroom 2 is a study, then no issue.

image.png.0efdb4d4f2b5644725a202b79427fb40.png

3. For Master Bedroom, it may be a challenge if a king sized bed (6 feet width) is used. As try to avoid the legs facing the bedroom door. Else it is considered as a "coffin position".

image.png.d2d08128f27964292e71e6e9bd843605.pngimage.thumb.png.9753549d7caa9337c2293477df3e1c7d.png

3.1. If the master air-con ledge window is opened, avoid seeing the stove from this window. Or hang bamboo clothes pools as shown pointed towards the master bed.
Related 1:

Related 2:

4. This is another popular bed placement. No issue since there is a solid wall before the windows. So no concern of legs facing the windows.

image.png.9cbdd9ecf8180e9372c9e69b6006f9e5.png

4.1. Furthermore, the toilet bowl pipe does not share the same wall as the bed-head.

5. For South facing units, avoid the kitchen especially the stove at NW sector. As South facing units of this layout will either have the kitchen at NE or NW. 

Reference: Fire at Heaven's Gate:

6. Max opening of the casement windows is 45 degrees...

image.png.817a5e3c5685c698269796df0eee0b8d.png

7. There are many Indian chiefs in Feng Shui. And hopefully don't meet them whom may consider certain areas as large missing area.

image.png.d42d265bb09d62f991e9657ee57510d2.png

7.1. Nice-to if NW sector is not located at the largest yellow highlight = X.

8. These are some of the pointers when purchasing such a around 1999 - 2002 layout type.

image.png

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Cecil Lee changed the title to Odd shape bedrooms for re-sale flats in Sengkang. Lease commencement date of around 1999 to 2003.
  • Cecil Lee pinned this topic

Hi Master, the main door is facing the NW side and beside is the kitchen, I am assuming that the kitchen is also facing the NW side, is that right to see it that way? Would you recommended to put the stove on the shorter side of the kitchen, near the windows? The stove will be facing SW side in that case. Or would you recommend that it’s best not to take a unit of this shape?

• Staff
10 hours ago, Biancaneve0666 said:

Hi Master, the main door is facing the NW side and beside is the kitchen, I am assuming that the kitchen is also facing the NW side, is that right to see it that way? Would you recommended to put the stove on the shorter side of the kitchen, near the windows? The stove will be facing SW side in that case. Or would you recommend that it’s best not to take a unit of this shape?

Frankly, only the writer knows what they are really talking about. 

Unfortunately, now I know what Greek language is all about-:(