About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Master Bedroom bed facing sliding door to walk in wardrobe.

Tommy888

Hi Master Lee, would like to seek your professional advice on the below query.

Is it ok if my king sized bed is facing my walk in wardrobe sliding door to another room? We knocked the wall to build a sliding door to another room. It is not facing the main door.

thank you.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

298075093_coffinposition.gif.fae3a1e97f85f138682d2e64bb61dfb5.gif

The concern is a door e.g. Front Door or Bedroom Door. Not necessarily a door into another room / toilet door etc...

What is the Coffin Position?

1. Generally, this came about when it was common to stay in landed homes. But today, only 5% of homes in Singapore are landed homes.

How did this concern originate?

2. When a family member dies, in the past, it was popular to bring in the deceased coffin "Head-first" into the house e.g. the living room.

2.1. And when it was time for the funeral, the coffin with the LEGS were carried out for the final destination. 

2.2. This is how this concern (or Symbolism) arise.

3. Very often also, many A & E emergency ambulance personnel, often bring out a patient from a home with a stretcher and HEAD first out of the door. Avoiding a LEG first scenario.

Not Perfect but Acceptable

Question: Is it ok if my king sized bed is facing my walk in wardrobe sliding door to another room? We knocked the wall to build a sliding door to another room. It is not facing the main door.

4. In my opinion, this is Okay with bed facing the walk-in-wardrope sliding door to another room. For personal comfort, do close the sliding door when not in use. (Perhaps for peace-of-mind ONLY - Not compulsory).

5. However, even if it does not close this sliding door, the bed (and even assuming) legs face this opening, is not considered as a COFFIN position as per the earlier write-up. 

Related Reference Resource:

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net