About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Half Curtain on HDB Main Door Entrance

raygoh65

I am staying in a HDB corridor unit. Can any master advise me if I can place a half curtain at the main door entrance to have more privacy (similiar to the one at my room) ? Is there any fengshui concerns ? Many thanks. 

20231212_171652.jpg

Sponsored Link

• Staff

1. There is no precedence in Feng Shui to say that one can or cannot place such half-height curtain(s) which still allows air-flow or qi flow.

1.1. Or does not really impact on the flow of air. As air or qi can still flow thru - if doors or openings with doors are not closed.

2. However, it would be different if one installs thick vertical strips of clear sheets - especially those found to prevent cold air leaking out of cold rooms. 

3. Unfortunately, if these half curtains are not washed frequently, then this has more do to with hygiene than Feng Shui.

4. Even in a home environment, if these half-curtains are not washed often, it may be a hive for..... click for more information...

5. In Singapore, many hospital wards - privacy curtains will always be anti-bacterial.

I would prefer to be a temporary EUNUCH than step into a toilet with curtains!

image.thumb.png.662e66e79730ae69d194ea3dfa9690e5.png

Okay, I know.. one is about to say.. that their curtains are never allowed to be as bad as above. However, even if a curtain looks clean on the surface, there is no guarantee that it is that clean or clear of bacterial.

6. However, most of these hospital curtains has an area where the staff can mark when the curtains were installed. And there is a caution on such curtains to change it e.g. in a year's time.

6.1. Even if it is anti-bacterial, it will not be permanent.

P.S. Personally, if a place has such half-curtains at their toilet, I rather become a "EUNUCH" for that moment than enter such a toilet. Knowing full well that even a newly changed curtain may start having bacterial growth the moment it was installed. No offense to anyone. 

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Staff

Don't be mistaken the above half-curtains with the placement of the Red banner above the front door

image.png.b504403607e29dff0bc8287a6039eedf.png

As the Red banner is always hung high up above the entrance of the door. And a normal individual will never ever have their head / hair or face touching it. LOL

Reference: