About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

How to hinder bad position?

My husband and I are both water horses, we bought a land facing southeast. It is said to be in the fire element. We build our house facing southwest, can we do something to contradict it? Where should the front door be, left(dragon side) or right (tiger side )? By the way, it is a corner lot and the south south is in the corner. I read from somewhere that glass represent water,is it? if so, can I put a glass with carving of Koi fishes in the pond to suppress the fire element from entering from the front door?

• 3 weeks later...
Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Aping,
1. Where possible, it is (if you can) employ the services of a Feng Shui practitioner.
This is because, there are lots of issues involved in building a good house.
In general:-
1. Shapes and Form,
1.1 The frontage of the house and back of the house are important considerations.
The frontage need not necessary be the location of the front door. The front door can still be at the side of the house e.g. a drive thru car porch.
1.2 The front door
Where possible, the front door should suit the breadwinner and under the Eight House, should preferably not be at the death/disaster sector.
The other consideration is if one can, build a house which takes advantage of the auspicious directions or birth chart of the house.
I have actually given examples where, we were looking for not only good houses but `excellent' houses, we searched first for houses that have the Double 7's (under Flying star).
There is a program available under www.geomancy-online.com where we used it for ourselves to find a good door facing. (Based on Flying Star)
1.3 After this, we then look at the house based on Shapes and Form and Eight House.
1.4 Equally important is knowing each of your element and strength (Pillars of Destiny).
Once all the above, are known, we usually, use all these tools to then do a comprehensive analysis of the house.
Thus proper Feng Shui is not based on bits and pieces of unrelated information as what you have mentioned below.
Hope the above helps.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 3/6/00 5:42:00 PM, Anonymous wrote:
My husband and I are both
water horses, we bought a land
facing southeast. It is said
to be in the fire element. We
build our house facing
southwest, can we do something
to contradict it? Where should
the front door be, left(dragon