About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

What is the contribution of China to the World

Dear cecil,
What do you think is the contribution of China in last 50 - 100 years to the world in any field eg. Literature, Philosophy, Science,
Agriculture, Technology, Space research, Medicine, Travel, Sports and Entertainment. Thanks.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,
1. In my opinion, it is indeed very disappointing to reflect on the achievement of Chinese in China.
Other than bringing `stability' to the country, I believe not much achievement is made especially since the Communist take-over.
2. However, if one objectively look at some of the achievements made by overseas Chinese, many overseas Chinese have contributed to the development of their `adopted' country abeit some of them (in my opinion) being discriminated in some of their adopted countries.
In my opinion, these overseas Chinese have either contributed to scientific field and many are good in commerce.
In commerce, many Chinese hold prominent positions and earned lots of wealth.
For example, when Indonesian Chinese `were' discriminated against, many of these Chinese moved their capital from Indonesia and it had halted the process of the flow of goods into the country. These Indonesian Chinese were like the "gears" that operated the distribution, commerce etc...
I do have many Indonesian clients that have purchased homes in Singapore because of the above as they have moved their children to Singapore for education.
In fact, in the past when I was in Pre-University, many of my classmates are from Indonesia. Some of them are much older e.g. 3 or 4 years older than us locals.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 5/31/00 12:27:00 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear cecil,
What do you think is the
contribution of China in last
50 - 100 years to the world in
any field eg. Literature,
Philosophy, Science,
Agriculture, Technology, Space
research, Medicine, Travel,
Sports and Entertainment.