About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Low rate of cancer in Chinese women

Dear cecil,
I read somewhere that due to the consumption of tofu there is low rate of cancer and heart disease among chinese women?
What do you think? Do you think tofu is the magic wand or there are other factor(life style)responsible for low rate of cancer. Thanks.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,
I cannot say for the more affluent Chinese living in cities who because of their higher income and purchasing power, are in my opinion just as prone to cancer as anyone else.
Here, those living in the city have higher rate of e.g. colon cancer.
For those who live in the rural areas, I believe their sensible diet e.g. vegetables, poultry, white meat e.g. fish would contribute to better health.
I mentioned in a few messages previously that one `secret tool' is to eat with chopsticks.
Here, one is forced to eat or bite smaller chunks of food. Rather than gobble down e.g. munching a hamburger.
Therefore, I believe, using chopsticks would be good. But of course, one can equally, achieve this consciously by using fork and spoon by eating moderately also.
Chinese also believe in a close knit family and family ties especially for the aged is important. Here, the younger folks pay respect to the elders and life, in my opinion would be more meaningful.
Thus I believe healthy living is based also on a holistic approach of family support, few or no pressure leading a happy life.
Many of us are chasing after money right up to the day we are nearly going under.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 7/19/00 5:30:00 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear cecil,
I read somewhere that due to
the consumption of tofu there
is low rate of cancer and
heart disease among chinese
women?
What do you think? Do you
think tofu is the magic wand
or there are other factor(life