About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Adoption in China

Dear cecil,
I read somewhere that adoption in China is difficult and as result of which most children in orphanage grow into adult in malnourished conditions and lonely since nobody goes to visit them in orphanages and that they are the forgotten and lost souls. Is this true. Thanks.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,
In my opinion, I tend to agree with you on this.
One reason is due to the problem caused by the `one child' policy adopted in China.
One should understand that China had no choice but to curb a baby boom. Thus the `one child' policy was adopted.
Traditionally, Chinese have always belief that a married couple must give birth to a `heir' or a male child.
This is because, only a male child can continue with the family line.
For example, when a couple gets married:
The husband's surname is TAN
The wife's surname is LIM
When the wife marries the husband, if here name is LIM Mei Ling, she becomes TAN Mei Ling.
Thus, only when one has a MALE child then can one continue to carry on with the surname TAN.
Thus if would be great if one has a son. His name will start with the surname TAN.
If one has a daughter, when she marries someone else, she cannot `carry' on with the surname TAN.
Assuming that the family : husband and wife does not have a son, then, the surname `TAN' is lost after the husband dies.
Many Chinese thus have to resort to aborting their daughter. Some perhaps, unwilling to go for abortion or too late to do so, or later discover that they had a daughter might instead abandon their child.
Thus, in my opinion, majority of the children would be girls.
Some may have given birth to a second child and had to give the second child up else face a penalty to having a second child.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 7/19/00 5:51:00 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear cecil,
I read somewhere that adoption
in China is difficult and as
result of which most children
in orphanage grow into adult
in malnourished conditions and
lonely since nobody goes to
visit them in orphanages and
that they are the forgotten
and lost souls. Is this true.
Thanks.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• 22 years later...
  • Staff

Question: hi I want to ask about baby adoption. Will it affect the family if we adopt the baby? Should we read the baby bazi first before making the adoption

Generally, every family member will add a different birth element and horoscope sign into the family. In terms of as a family, this can affect family harmony depending on what birth element and horoscope signs there are in the family. 

In most cases, there are common binding element to say help harmonize the various birth element. But certain conflicts such as between ba zi clashes/harms or horoscope compatibility may be a little harder to harmonize.

So of course, if you want to avoid conflict, you could do check first. This way you know if there are any conflicts etc. But that is optional.

image.thumb.jpeg.2f0aa7e5f1601697bfc2b2a4cbcb5b3c.jpeg