About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Shapes and Form: The Abode at Devonshire, S'pore

Cecil Lee

• Staff

1. Development known as: The Abode at Devonshire, Singapore
2. In my opinion, this development reminds me of the glass frontage of the Fortredale, another Singapore high rise building with glass surrounding the building.
3. The Abode at Devonshire, is 15 storey high a small development comprising of 26 units. Based on the developer's description it is based on interescting planes of glass, concrete and aluminium.
4. Although it does not have as much as the `revealing' glass surrounding half of each unit, nevertheless, in my opinion, the frontage with `enclosed' glass is not appropriate for Singapore, a hot and humid country.
5. In my opinion, for a house, Qi cannot flow freely in and out of the house `freely' unlike `normal' windows.
6. Other cons include what I believe can be an eye-sore where for privacy reasons, the residents use different lengths of curtains.
7. This is what the Fortredale looks like today.. in my opinion, like a `refugee' camp of `inconsistent' height of the curtains in some units and different colours.
8. Till today, I still see many units unoccupied under the Fortredale development.
9. Again in my opinion, the open glass winodws is equally `unsightly' if one places grilles for safety of children behind the windows. Furthermore the windows open at an angle downwards, and in my opinion, a child may accidently fall off. Let's hope not.
10. To find out more on the Fortredale, you can do a Search in this forum for some pictures of it which has been `featured' in this same conference: Photo Tours of Interest (with pictures).
11. Otherwise, in my opinion, its overall shape i.e. relatively no missing corners is good
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Sponsored Link