About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Missing Elements in Ba Zi

Hi Cecil
1. If I'm lack of the metal element in my Ba Zi, must I use real metal or just something symbolising the metal eg I should wear real gold chain or just wear a gold-plated chain?
2. If metal (I have zero) is my intelligence & water (I have one) is my money, then is number 7 my lucky number? If it is, how about during the period of 8 (2004 onwards)?
3. My self is yang earth & I've another 3 yin earth in my Ba Zi. How to know if I'm a strong or weak earth? Total, I've 2 yang & 6 yin elements.
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,
Please see below:

On 10/20/00 1:46:00 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Hi Cecil
1. If I'm lack of the metal
element in my Ba Zi, must I
use real metal or just
something symbolising the
metal eg I should wear real
gold chain or just wear a
gold-plated chain?

1. Usually in this website; the five elements such as metal, water, wood, fire and earth are used. Instead of specific objects or symbolism used. By knowing the characteristics of these elements, it gives one more freedom in choosing cures especially those easily found in the home.
2. The objective here is that it may cost next to nothing in implementing such cures.
Remember that some of us, may already be in difficulty and it is not good to ask them to spent more money. Especially since this concerns ... daily necessities.
2. Cures can come in a wide variety of ways:-
For example personal cures are such where you apply to one person.
3. Say one lacks `Metal'; for example, one should then try to use colour of one's clothes as a form of cure. Eg. White / Gold. Alternatively, one can wear say objects such as gold chain etc.
4. But wearing too many gold objects in this case, may result in too much attention ... such as thieves....
5. Furthermore, gold chains etc, cover only a smaller area of the body as opposed to say wearing clothings.
6. For other types of cures, one can also choose for example colour of things one is associated with e.g. driving a white or gold coloured car.
7. Such changes it is said will enhance harmony and balance to you by increasing your Metal which you mentioned that you lack.
8. A more accurate reading can be done using the Balance of Five Element chart which can provide you a percentage breakdown of your 6 pillars (year, month, day, hour, house of life, and house of conception).

2. If metal (I have zero) is
my intelligence & water (I
have one) is my money, then is
number 7 my lucky number? If
it is, how about during the
period of 8 (2004 onwards)?

9. Sorry I am not sure what you are trying to say when you refer if metal and water from your birth chart to number 7 (which I presume is the Flying Star period or Lucky Number based on Gua number).
10. For lucky number one can use the Free Gua Number online report. This can provide one's lucky number, although there are many way to determine luck number. Some other methods are like Numerology etc.
11. Here I believe you are referring to the Flying Star. No 7 is not considered the lucky number for you but rather a good number for the current period, based on houses built on 1984-2003. It will not change even when you moved into 2004 (period 8) unless you perform a major renovation change to your home, changing the house's birth date.

3. My self is yang earth &
I've another 3 yin earth in my
Ba Zi. How to know if I'm a
strong or weak earth? Total,
I've 2 yang & 6 yin elements.

12. How it is determined is to take a look at the chart, the changing influence of the various seasons affecting the element and then consider all the various elements and percentage to determine if you are a strong or weak earth.
13. It is not determined as you mentioned by the number of Yin & Yang, that for another concept.
14. One can make use of the True Element report which does specificly to determine it your element should be considered weak or strong.
15. However, based on what you have provided 4 earth is found, which would mean in the very "raw" level that you could be a strong earth. However, it would very much depends on the seasonal influence on your elements.
(Note that here, I assumed that all no seasonal effects has taken place, and no other additional favourable elements are found or unfavourable elements are present, nor is there any clash or combinations which will greatly affect your final birth element).
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Cecil, thanks for your reply. What I mean is that I lack metal & since no. 7 is metal, i assume that it is lucky for me (I didn't base on Kua no.)
Since this is a period of 7, I guess no. 7 should be very lucky for me. But when period of 8 comes, I assume that no. 7 means robbery & crime which is unlucky. But no. 7 still means metal in period 8. My question is whether I can still use no. 7 in say my tel no, house no or car no. during period of 8. Is it a double-edge sword for me?
Thanks very much in advance.

• Staff

Dear Andy,
Thanks for your clarification.
You are indeed forward thinking:)
Yes, 7 will continue to represent the same element in any period.
But for the number 7, the belief is that it will represent `robbery and crime' say in Period 8.
Anyway, the saying that it is nice to have a 7 in say a phone no. period 7 is as it is a general saying. And in my opinion, should not be taken into very seriously. As this is not of primary importance.
As some Chinese are particular with the phonetic sound e.g. 4 in Cantonese dialect means `die', 7 is not associated with such phonetic meaning.
Thus to some, this is considered a neutral number. (If we do not associate it with the Flying Star no. 7).
There are so many viewpoints and interpretation of numbers that it is very very difficult to `pass judgement' on just the number.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 10/31/00 12:37:00 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Hi Cecil, thanks for your
reply. What I mean is that I
lack metal & since no. 7 is
metal, i assume that it is
lucky for me (I didn't base on
Kua no.)
Since this is a period of 7, I
guess no. 7 should be very
lucky for me. But when period