About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Feng Shui directions under Eight House

Dear Cecil and Robert,
I found some uncosistency between the 8 houses theory and the 5 elements cycles. According to my gua number(3) my favorable directions are north,east,souhteast and south. Taking into consideration that I am a wood person, how the south can a favorable direction? The fire element would not weakening my energy? And why southwest and north east are unfavorable direction? Wood is not controlling earth?
Thanking you in advance,
Best regards
Luigi

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Luigi,
I do understand what you mean.
1. I believe, the popularity of Feng Shui today can be attributed to the Eight House Theory. It is so easy to understand and apply.
2. Therefore, the Key Success Factor is in being able to apply a theory or concept.
3. In my opinion, this is why there is such a huge following of Feng Shui in the areas of:
3.1 Shapes and Form.
The concepts here are easy to `see' from illustrations and yet many are based on commonsense.
3.2 Eight House.
This is as mentioned earlier, very easy to apply and relatively straightfoward.
4. Because the Eight House is so easy, it is actually more general but still based on one's Gua (Kua) i.e. Year of Birth and distinction between a Male and Female.
5. Because of its (Eight House) simplicity, it is thus `less' accurate than say using the Five Elements concept.
6. In order to use the Five Elements concept, it is not as easy as finding that the direction is Water (North) and your element as Fire element.
7. When we use the Five Elements concept, one must also determine the STRENGTH of one's element.
8. Therefore, if one considers the above, the strength of your element can determine the final conclusion also.
For example, if one is a Strong Fire person, and the direction in question is North (Water); this can be benificial.
As water, helps to balance or neutralise Strong Fire person.
9. If one is very familiar with the Five Elements and strenghts, one should use this theory and apply it.
If doing so, one can give the Eight House concept a miss.
10. If one looks at concepts `directly' and try to match them, for some of us, it can become contradictions. Apply what one is comfortable with.
11. It is never wise to try to apply so many concepts at any one time.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 11/27/00 4:33:00 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Cecil and Robert,
I found some uncosistency
between the 8 houses theory
and the 5 elements cycles.
According to my gua number(3)
my favorable directions are
north,east,souhteast and
south. Taking into
consideration that I am a wood
person, how the south can a
favorable direction? The fire
element would not weakening my
energy? And why southwest and
north east are unfavorable
direction? Wood is not
controlling earth?
Thanking you in advance,
Best regards
Luigi

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Staff

Dear Luigi,
Let me share my personal experience with "The Eight House Theory"
1. In the past, and even now, it is very tempting for many people in the West to Apply " Feng Shui " methods such as `fixed templates ' such as those of the Black Hat Sect.
2. Such " marketing ploys " are so easy to relate to and Applied.
3. In Traditional Feng Shui, or for Traditional Feng Shui to be "equally successful" it has also to be able to be Applied with ease.
4. To `counter' the explosion of `fixed template' " FS ", the two most successful Traditional FS models can give such `fixed templates' a "hard fight":
4.1 Shapes and Form Feng Shui
4.1.1 This form of FS, if illustrated very well can be easy to understand.
4.1.2. However, those relating more to " vapour " or Qi is harder to grope e.g. locating the `ellusive' dragon and tiger. Under this area, it may be easy to `understand' but harder to apply.
4.1.3 Majority of time, shapes and form is the easiest to understand.
4.2 The Eight House Theory
4.2.1 In my opinion, the most successful model i.e. to the introduction of Compass School Feng Shui is still this model.
4.2.2 This is why you can see quite alot of messages posted in the past i.e. in this forum is devoted to this subject.
4.2.3 And rightly so, it is a means of " introduction " to more personalised Feng Shui i.e. such as taking into consideration the YEAR of one's birth.
5. Thus, in my opinion, Traditional Feng Shui owes much of its success to both these two Schools of Feng Shui.
6. Of course, some of us, who after, having being familiar with these two concepts want more and more..
7. Thus, more advanced FS subjects such as Flying Star and Pillars of Destiny come into play.
8. The combination of all these concepts are under the Five Elements and the most popular School of Feng Shui is known as Ba Zhi Feng Shui.
9. Here, everything is to the common denominator of the Five Elements and the determination or analysis by strength ie. weak or strong and yin/yang.
10. Proper use of The Eight House Concept will cause NO HARM
Why is this so?
If one properly understand and `apply' the Eight House concept, it causes no harm because, it is to tell e.g. the suitability of the person to a specific location or sector.
11. Here, the Eight House Theory is not used to apply `cures'. We cannot apply cures to a sector e.g. if it is our Death / Disaster sector.
12. We have to try to `avoid' spending too much time here.
13. Contrast this with `fixed template' "FS' where, the "marketing guy or gal" would advise you to buy e.g. wind chimes, water fountain etc... and place it at that sector.
This may inadvertenly activate the wrong elements.
14. Again, contrast, the `fixed template' "FS" with Flying Star. Where Flying Star analyses a sector for imbalances and try to use a `cure'.
Hope that you can now better understand the relationship of the Eight House better and how, it serves to `counter' fixed template stuffs.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 11/27/00 4:33:00 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Cecil and Robert,
I found some uncosistency
between the 8 houses theory
and the 5 elements cycles.
According to my gua number(3)
my favorable directions are
north,east,souhteast and
south. Taking into
consideration that I am a wood