About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

No Wood in the house

Cecil,
Great site! Lots of good info.
I am in the mid of balancing my house according to your flying star report.
Most of the report suggested a lot of Metal cures, with the exception of NW using Wood cure.
1) Does that mean whereever a Metal cure is proposed, we should not put a plant there, like Water-Mountain (3,2) with base star 5? Even though the plant is hiding a poison arrow in that corner?
2) If there's a triple comination which provides a cure with the base star, like (5,9) with base star 3, do I still need to use the proposed Wood cure, or I don't need to do anything?
3) For metal cures, can I put silver/bronze/golden vases and decorations in that sector, or is it better to use traditional cures, such as the coins? If so, how do I obtain/make them?
4) According to the report for the period, I would have to remove a lot of plants (Wood) in most of my house where Metal cures were proposed, the house seem kinda empty and baron without them. But that is the right way to do it, correct?
Thanks in advance,
Kolsan

• 2 weeks later...
Sponsored Link

• Staff

On 3/10/01 3:40:00 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Cecil,
Great site! Lots of good info.
I am in the mid of balancing
my house according to your
flying star report.
Most of the report suggested a
lot of Metal cures, with the
exception of NW using Wood
cure.

Yes, you see most of the problems stars are usually Wood or Earth. Metal is thus the most commonly used cure for either of the Wood or Earth cure.

1) Does that mean whereever a
Metal cure is proposed, we
should not put a plant there,
like Water-Mountain (3,2) with
base star 5? Even though the
plant is hiding a poison arrow
in that corner?

This is not necessary. It does not mean that at all. You can have the existing items in place such as Plants. Because in one way of looking at it Plants are wood. In the Five element relationship, Wood does also help to destroy Earth. Although, the more recommended cure is Metal because the problem star 2 or 5 is usually of Strong Earth, and Metal is the best to exhaust suchh elements.
So it does not mean that you should remove all Wood elements in the sector. Simply adding the Metal cure will help to balance the sector.

2) If there's a triple
comination which provides a
cure with the base star, like
(5,9) with base star 3, do I
still need to use the proposed
Wood cure, or I don't need to
do anything?

Usually, if there is a Triple Combination, you can ignore the use of any cure, because the sector itself has the necessary stars to combat the problem.
But there is no harm if you wish to add a little more cure based on the suggested problems as sometimes when the yearly star comes into the sector the influence may be out of balance again.

3) For metal cures, can I put
silver/bronze/golden vases and
decorations in that sector, or
is it better to use
traditional cures, such as the
coins? If so, how do I
obtain/make them?

So far we find that the 6 metal coins tied with red string or placed on a red packet is rather effective, simply because the number 6 represent Strong Metal. While the coins is Metal which adds further strength to the Metal element. The red thread or red packet is Fire element which helps to destroy Metal which in this case Metal is considered Strong Metal, so it helps to control and bind the Metal from being overly strong.
So because of this is considered the most effective cure as compared to using say 6 rod wind chime which brings in other side effects etc.
Simply, the more effective is to have the Chinese coin the circle coin with Square in the middle as it allows a red thread to be tied through it. However, if you can't find it simply get 6 coins of same value and size and place them on a red packet. This will do just fine.
You can put the metal vase as it is Metal represented but when compared to the significance of the traditional cure, it is less effective.

4) According to the report for
the period, I would have to
remove a lot of plants (Wood)
in most of my house where
Metal cures were proposed, the
house seem kinda empty and
baron without them. But that
is the right way to do it,
correct?

Actually, the report does not specify that you have to remove your existing plants. Yes, when it meant that there is a strong presents of Wood, it does not mean that your plants have to go.
Plants are two element based, Wood and Earth. So it is not considered 100% wood element.
All you need to do is simply to create balance in the house by adding what is recommended to the house. That will do.
Hope that helps:)

Thanks in advance,
Kolsan