About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Office with a Window

myfs_41214

I just received a promotion, but I have some concerns over the office. I have a wrap around U-shaped desk. The credenza runs the entire width of the back wall which is also a window. The door is on the end of the opposite wall. So when I sit and face my computer the window is to the right and the door is to my left and behind me. If I turn to the left to work on my desk, my back now is towards the window. I have always been told not to have your back to either the door or window. How do to combat this bad chi? I can't rotate the desk, because it is too long. Please help.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Sherri,
First of all Congratulations on your promotion!
1. For your concern of the window, usually, this is often the case for many executives especially with the windows either on the side or side and back.
2. Other than Fire safety concerns, it would be good if a low height cabinet (waist high) can be used between the windows and the workarea. (Especially, if the window is of full height.
3. Blinds would be acceptable in such a situation which is symbolic of a covering of the window.
4. As for the location of the door, apologise .. I am not too clear of what you mean. But to counter the effects, usually, an unobstrusive piece of `mirror' is used at the blind spot area (akin) to a car's mirror. The `mirror' can be as innocent as a piece of sliver photo frame where one can look over (behind) it when working.
5. Usually, more important under Shapes and Form Feng Shui is to avoid, the door open immediately towards the table or desk.
For the door behind the workarea, more `weightage' goes towards `commonsense' then Feng Shui and using `mirror' would do the `trick'.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 3/17/01 11:43:00 AM, Anonymous wrote:
I just received a promotion,
but I have some concerns over
the office. I have a wrap
around U-shaped desk. The
credenza runs the entire width
of the back wall which is also
a window. The door is on the
end of the opposite wall. So
when I sit and face my