About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

color for wall on indented areas...

natbatbat

so i am wondering ...
when i have an indented area, in the south of my house, i should use red or purple on the wall. But does it mean i have to paint this whole wall or is it ok to just put some painting or art object of that color?
tuvm, nat baba

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Nat,
1. Usually, the most effective method (especially) if there are no windows
at this sector is the use of a full length mirror at this sector.
2. Only if the above resources are exhausted, should you then consider
painting e.g. using a more yang colour. Between red or purple, I would
choose purple as red can be too `bright' for the home. But if given the
choice between pink or purple, I would instead choose pink colour.
3. You should check what is the significance of the missing corner. For
example using the reference under this link:
http://www.geomancy.net/fs/building.htm
4. If the missing corner (defined as greater than 33.3 percent of that
sector) has a major significance such as North = will meet with accident..
then... it would be more prudent to select Para 1's cure instead of Para 2
(which helps to make that sector more Yang).
Warmest Regards,
Cecil
----- Original Message -----
To:
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2001 10:21 AM
Subject: color for wall on indented areas...

so i am wondering ...
when i have an indented area, in the south of my house, i should use red
or purple on the wall. But does it mean i have to paint this whole wall or
is it ok to just put some painting or art object of that color?
tuvm, nat baba

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• 16 years later...
Guest Cindy

I am helping a friend who wants to incorporate feng shui with her new home. Neither of us are feng shui experts in any sense, we are simply trying to apply common sense solutions that also match her taste as that is necessary for her to feel comfortable in her home (she also has Multiple Sclerosis, so anything that helps her feel a bit more in control is good psychologically. That was how I got interested in feng shui....i got very ill and grasped at anything that helped me feel I could improve something in my life. I found annual flying star 5 right where i was digging!)

So, her "new" house was built in 1900 and was poorly updated in the last few years, empty for 20 years prior to that. Per your advice about my own place I have mapped the original period and period 8 and am now working to map period 9 for the house as well, keeping her and her boyfriend's kua numbers (4 and 3 respectively) in mind for bed placement as well as where we will place the stove when renovating her kitchen (i.e. NOT under her bed!) Though she wants to expand the kitchen into the area directly under where she wants her master bedroom!

One challenge has been that her "new" house is "missing" two small portions in the South and East (though the east portion is a covered porch). Since there are windows in these area i have suggested we consider placing a focal item (Tree, fountain, sculpture etc.) in these areas that she would enjoy seeing when looking out. Was this good advice? If so then do we just coordinate the feature to the area for either enhancement or (locking it up) if the are is not auspicious? Additionally though surrounded on two sides by green parks, and a nearly level land plot, her land plot has a slight diagonal missing area at North/Northwest. I have not advised her on this yet (we have even more dramatically angled land on the side of our place), but have been reading about placing lighting or fountains (mirrors as well, but these are not as practical) along the edge of such property lines to also help. Is this correct?

Lastly, i am learning that paint colors on the interior walls is more of a Ba zi and Western application of feng shui, and I feel Flying Star to make more sense since I can understand it in science and common sense terms (wind flow, energy flow, earth's magnetic fields and how those affect everything, and such things as staircases which feng shui principles generally also are in line with good safety measures and how people naturally react to specific placements). The feng shui consultant I worked with for a while said that the mostly neutral wall colors I used were "good" and "safe" and only to "buy" specific "cures" of decor items if I also liked them. All of our first floor (living, dining, kitchen) rooms are yellow, or earth based, neutrals. However, we are wanting to change to greys (undertone dependent on quality of light), and the friend wants mostly grey in her new home as well. If I am following Flying Star is this irrelevant entirely? If not is grey a fine neutral as well for nearly any home?

• Staff

1. Some geomancers claim that colours will not affect the Feng Shui. However, this is an extreme view.

2. Perhaps, what these geomancers most likely meant was pastel colours or light shades like milky cream or even light greys are considered as neutral colours. In this sense; therefore PASTEL colours are generally, acceptable.

3. Most professional geomancers will consider the owner/family member's ba zi to try to harmonize it with the house.

4. For example, see below. The male owner is considered as a Strong Metal element. And his wife is a Strong Wood element. Thus their binding element is Fire element:-

5981185ee278a_samplebindingelement.thumb.png.5cde8512e78e3af17406e7fb72041b42.png

5. Recently a person who had practiced Feng Shui or learning Feng Shui had asked me a question similar to yours.

6. In essence, I mentioned to be more careful of this "NOTE: SOME SECTOR(S) MAY NOT ACCEPT BRIGHT YELLOW &/OR BRIGHT RED &/OR GREEN COLOUR EVEN THOUGH THE COLOUR(S) MAY BE SUITABLE TO THE INDIVIDUAL"

7. Here, if one is not using bright colours such as RED, GREEN, BLUE or even YELLOW which are often "Primary" colours; then no issue with using colours like light grey etc... 

Colour N Shape Chart.gif