About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Year of the Dragon/planning to have kids?

I'm researching an article on the year of the Dragon, and want to talk to people who are planning to have kids next year, under this sign, to find out why it's important. Please email me ASAP at cris.prystay@news.awsj.com.
Best,
Cris Prystay, reporter
Asian Wall Street Journal
(May 20)

• 1 month later...
Sponsored Link

Most people in asian countries consider dragon year to be a very lucky year and since preference is given to boys so to have a child in dragonn year is considered very auspicious.
Since they follow chinese astrology and according to chinese year there are some good
year and there are some bad year like fire horse year and during this year most of them
avoid having any children since they believe
that the child born during that year usually
results in the death of the parents and that
is the reason during that year the birth
rate declines in these countries where people
strongly believe in chinese astrology.

• 6 months later...

Hi there,
I'm 37 and presently contemplating having my 2nd child this year. I too, also heard that it is great luck to have a child who is born to the year of the Dragon. And believe me, our family could use it!
I am a Wood Tiger (15JUL62), my husband Rooster (12FEB58) and daughter Rooster (24JUN93). I feel outnumbered!! I wonder what a Dragon would bring to our home.
Cecil, could you please shed some light to my situation?
Sincerely grateful

• Staff

Dear PB,
1. A dragon year child would have to be born on or after 5 February 2000 (As this is the offical date of start of the Dragon year).
Anyway, no matter how, a child conceived now would be born in the Dragon year.
2. The most common `analysis' taking the Year of Birth e.g. a dragon baby boy born on 5 February 2000 is widely used in many Chinese Astrology books.
This is the same as the Western Astrolgy of classifying a person as a Gemini, Cancer, Libra etc...
3. More `serious' or indepth analysis is based on the Pillars of Destiny. This is where not only the Year of birth, but also the Month, Day and Time of birth is taken into consideration.
(Time of birth can sometimes be left out if one really does not know it).
4. From the above, you will notice that only after a detalied analysis of the Year, Month, Day and Time of birth, one can then say that the `Heaven' chart of a person has been mapped out.
What this means is that not all `Dragon' child are the same. Their `fate' is based on their birthdate as defined above.
However, the Pillars of Destiny (Heaven Chart) can be influenced by the education, experience etc.. that one has gained through life.
5. It is thus difficult to predict what the child's chart is like given that each day and time is different (upon their birth).
Some Dragon child's Pillars `can get along' with yours while others may have some `clashes' depending on their birth date.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 1/17/00 12:52:21 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Hi there,
I'm 37 and presently
contemplating having my 2nd
child this year. I too, also
heard that it is great luck to
have a child who is born to
the year of the Dragon. And
believe me, our family could
use it!