About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Flying Star Question

Hello,
I just purchased a house and I noticed that the bedroom is in the North-West sector which is considered my prosperity sector(My DOB is 5-22-72 and the house was built in 1985) so, I am pretty happy about that; However, the bedroom is not a perfect square. It has some angles and the ceiling is slightly vaulted. In addition, I have a huge lake in my backyard and the bedroom has a balcony which faces the lake(which is one of the reason why I picked the house. It really is a pretty view). If I believe these Angles Might constitute poison arrows, how do I neutralize them? Can the lake create some problems?
Thanks.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,
A house built in 1985 is considered a `Period 7' house and thus it's birth-chart has the characteristics of a Period 7 house but based on the direction of main entrance door specific for Period 7.
In my opinion, and from many past experience, sloping ceiling although is not ideal, is not necessarily the `most inauspicious'. For example, it would be worst if one sits just below a ceiling beam.
A `full house' or a house that is on it's own i.e. landed property may not necessarily need to be either a square or rectangular.
For example, do look at this url:
http://www.geomancy.net/events/CDL_FS_Talk/talk_1_slide_2.htm
In the above picture, the house on the top has what looks like a `head' and body. This is particularly auspicious.
Your house need not necessarily have this feature and it may not necessarily be totally square either.
The `frontage' of the house is also important. In some cases, I personally feel that your house has a `mixed' frontage. And this is acceptable. For example, you mentioned that your balcony faces or overlook the huge water position. This can in many ways, be considered the frontage rather than the actual main entrance. But for FS audit purposes ie. using birth chart or applying Flying Star, we should normally still base it on the direction of the main entrance door.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 12/16/2001 6:52:00 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Hello,
I just purchased a house and I
noticed that the bedroom is in
the North-West sector which is
considered my prosperity
sector(My DOB is 5-22-72 and
the house was built in 1985)
so, I am pretty happy about
that; However, the bedroom is