About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Man-made lake at the back of house

woodlawn

Hi,
I am thinking to buy a house that has the man-made lake at the back and right side of the house (face out the main entrance). It also has a big tree at the back. There is a fountain in side the lake at the right side of the house (face out the main entrance). Does this "good" or "bad" ?

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Hi,
You mentioned that the lake is at the back of the house and at the right side.
1. Is the lake part of the entire `estate' of this housing community or detached.
2. How far right is the lake from the house.
3. What is the view like from the front of the house.
4. Is the land flat or if not, which part of the land (the site the house sits on) is higher e.g. If you look out from the main door entrance, is the right side higher than the left.
5. What is directly behind the house or view like? For example: can you see the back of another house or is it a `solid' protective backing.
Overall, as you are aware, ideally, a water position should not be directly behind the house. If it is not, but on the `far' back and right of the house, you still can `defend' the house.
As for a big tree at the back it is the least concern or contrary be good if the size is in relation to a `large' house e.g. with around greater than 8,000 square feet area and it also depends on:-
1. the size of the backyard,
2. which compass direction is the tree at.
Another thing you can do is to check your Eight House template to see if the house `suits' you or not. Also, where the death or disaster intangible force for each family member is `located' in the house.
What intangible force is influencing you in your bedroom and each family members bedroom.
These are the initial `tasks' you may need to do first.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 6/1/99 8:46:34 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Hi,
I am thinking to buy a house
that has the man-made lake at
the back and right side of the
house (face out the main
entrance). It also has a big
tree at the back. There is a
fountain in side the lake at
the right side of the house
(face out the main entrance).
Does this "good" or "bad" ?

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Thanks for your prompt response, I certainly appreciated.
The lake is a part of the entire community and it is shaped as a "dumb-bell" shape with two fountains on the circle sections. This is a man-made small lake, the deepest depth is 7 or 8 feet. The lake will be more than 30 feet from the right side of the house, and will be about 70 feet from the back of the house. The land is flat if you compare the right side to the left of the house. Of course, the right side and the back of the house is higher than the lake. This new house will be built with the main entrance face to South west directory and back to the North-East. The tree is "not" really that big as what you said. I will say it probably 2500 sf areas and it is in the center of the back yard (North-East direction). I can certainly see the back of another house from this lot. I was born in the evening of Jan. of 1959 of Lunar Calendar, and my wife was three years younger than me. So, what do you think if I purchase this lot to build the house ?