About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Finding an auspicious date

Sponsored Link

How about planning when to have children?
It may be difficult to plan to have one on a particular day, except maybe doing C section delivery but planning for a particular month or year may be feasible. I've read a book, I don't remember the title or author, that rates a child as being 1 to 4 star, 4 being highest, if his/her animal sign is compatible with your own. For Example, I am Earth Monkey and would have a 4 star parent/child relationship with Monkey or Dragon but a 1 Star with Tiger.

• Staff

Dear Ben,
1. Before we look at your question, it is interesting to note the following URL:
http://www.geomancy.net/love/amenu.htm
And the comments:
"At the above (green coloured) gate of the former Convent of The Holy Infant Jesus (CHIJ), many babies were abandoned in baskets to be picked up by the Sisters of the Convent. This was the origin of the Home for Abandoned Babies.
For over 100 years, the orphanage was home to children from poor or broken homes as well as unwanted babies. The orphanage took in many Chinese baby girls born in the year of the tiger - " tiger girls " because of the strong superstitious belief that they would bring bad luck to their families.
In 1963, the Mother Superior noted that this practice was stopped as there was a marked change in this supersitious belief. The Home of Abandoned Babies ceased finally in 1983 when the CHIJ Convent was relocated."
2. From the above, we will know that the Chinese are supersitious (even today) about having a baby in the Year of the Tiger.
3. Many people thus:
3.1 Try to avoid like the `plague' to get married in a Year such as the Tiger or worse still avoid having a baby especially a baby girl during that year.
3.2 The rationale is mentioned under Para 1 where, it is pretty hard to `match-make' a daughter born in that year as almost no one wants a `tiger' daughter-in-law!
3.3 Very popular years are the Year of the Dragon. Next few popular years are the Year of the Rabbit, Rat....
4. Sometimes, our local education ministry has a hard time allocating resources for each new school year.
5. For example, in Singapore our yearly birth is around 45,000 babies born a year. (Since Singapore is a multi-racial country, however the Chinese is the majority race at around 68% of the total population).
6. If it is a Year of the Tiger, the birth rate for that particular year could fall as low as 25,000 babies!
7. For example in the Year of the Tiger, you can see many schools say have around 4 Primary One classes such as Class A, Class B, Class C and Class D.
But if it is the year of the Dragon or even the Rabbit, there may be as many as 7 classess in each primary school i.e. Class A to G!
8. Although say the Dragon year is indeed a good year; but look at it this way, when it comes to streaming or ranking children from best classes to the students that are `slower' in their studies; many students with cohorts in e.g. the Dragon year has to work real hard to fight the competition; every year. As the same students will fight for good places at schools e.g. Primary to Secondary to Pre-University etc...
While a child born in the Tiger year, enters school with less competition especially in the early years.
9. Yes, as you have mentioned, one can look at which year may be suitable e.g. for the child and (roughly) their match with the parent or their siblings.
10. However, one must take note that this is only based on the YEAR of birth. If one, can further look at e.g. Year, Month, Day and even time of birth; this would be better.
11. And I agree with you that if someone wants to, e.g. planning for a C section; is possible to look at good dates. However, these dates must be looked at up to the DAY `pillar' or the actual DAY of birth and a bonus is the time of birth. Yes, this is possible.
12. It is certainly good to have been born in an auspicious date but Pillars of Destiny has an `escape' clause.
12.1 Here, it is asking a question similar to: If two persons are born exactly at the same day and time - is their life the same?
12.2 The answer is NO. This is because of the external factor such as education and experience.
12.3 In general, we could be born on the same day and time. But say, I was born in China (with Chinese parents) and you were born in the US; we were totally brought up by different parents in different environments. A child similar to our birth date could be born in Afganistan in a war torn country...
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 1/25/2002 1:31:00 PM, Anonymous wrote:
How about planning when to
have children?
It may be difficult to plan to
have one on a particular day,
except maybe doing C section
delivery but planning for a
particular month or year may
be feasible. I've read a book,
I don't remember the title or