About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Home Interiors - Cures

Hi, I just bought a HDB apartment recently and the following are my observations of my apartment.
1) I have 3 overhead cross beams in my living room. I understand cross beams are a no-no in FS. What is the cure?
2) I am a weak earth. I have furnished my new house with some teak wood furniture. Also there are a lot of carpentry work done in the whole house. I understand wood is not good for earth element. How do I solve this problem (besides getting rid of my furnitures and renovating)
Thanks

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,
Congratulations on your new home!
1. Overall, although cross beams are not good in Feng Shui but do take note that it is not an issue unless one spends time below it.
For example: if none of your furniture e.g. chairs i.e. sofa ... dining chairs are not underneath it nor your bed; then there is no longer any issue.
2. However, if one is sitting below a beam (and the beam is a concrete structure) then wood can be used to neutralise it.
You can view an example of how to place the two flutes under this URL:-
http://www.geomancy.net/mypictures/cgi-bin/mypictures.cgi?img=0&search=flute&cat=all&bool=and&x=2&y=12
3. If you are not staying alone (single) but married, usually; the binding element is used to look at the best elements to decorate especially the bedroom or living room.
4. On a personal side, since you are considered a weak earth element person: you should introduce : `fire element' such as pink, purple or red.
For example, if you have already invested in wood furniture: you can -
e.g. in your bedroom (if you are single) use pink/purple or red bedsheet. Or paint the walls e.g. pastel shade of pink / purple.
Or consider curtains (with these colours e.g. pink/purple or red.
In the living room you can either consider the above curtains or introduce `persian carpets e.g. with red.
If you are staying alone e.g. only one weak earth element and since there are great numbers of wood elements as mentioned by u, you could introduce as an alternative to pink/purple or red - white representing the metal element.
Under Ba Zi Feng Shui; if one's element is weak earth or strong earth -- more emphasis or attention required than say other elements as " earth " element is predominat in "all seasons ".
For example: Spring arrives.. and weans.. between this period to Summer (earth element is strongest). Then between end of summer and beginning of autumn -- earth element again is strongest. Earth element is strongest between each season.
Furthermore.. under Flying Star Feng Shui -- caution is required since most of the bad elements e.g. Bad earth #5 (misfortune) and #2 (sickness) are all bad earth components.
It is thus still acceptable for you to have other elements that can generally -- neutralise this. Rather than go forth to strengthen your weak earth -- in the home -- without knowing the consequences of such actions.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 2/17/2002 11:00:00 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Hi, I just bought a HDB
apartment recently and the
following are my observations
of my apartment.
1) I have 3 overhead cross
beams in my living room. I
understand cross beams are a
no-no in FS. What is the
cure?
2) I am a weak earth. I have
furnished my new house with
some teak wood furniture.
Also there are a lot of
carpentry work done in the
whole house. I understand
wood is not good for earth
element. How do I solve this
problem (besides getting rid
of my furnitures and
renovating)
Thanks

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Hi Cecelia,
Thanks for your fast reply. I mean that was really fast, considering the number of mails you have to reply to.
Anyway, I have another question, the overhead beams are not structural beams but rather wooden beams made to decorate the ceiling. Does this make any difference?
BTW, I congratulate you on having done such a good job on your website.
Thanks

• Staff

Dear Anon,
So long as one is not staying or spending time below a beam, this is OK. As there is no `suppression' of Qi e.g. on a person's head.
I am glad that you have clarified that it is a wooden beam. For a wooden beam, if one spents time below: the remedy is to place 6 coins on the beam i.e. stick on it. Or cut aluminium foil x 6 pieces of around 2cm diameter. The alternative is to cut it into the shape of stars.
The rationale for this is because, for wooden beam -> metal is required to destroy it. Contrast this with a concrete beam where majority of it is cement or earth. And wood is used here to destroy cement i.e. what is seen externally here is cement or soil/sand.
Warmest Regard,
Cecil

On 2/18/2002 4:30:00 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Hi Cecelia,
Thanks for your fast reply. I
mean that was really fast,
considering the number of
mails you have to reply to.
Anyway, I have another
question, the overhead beams
are not structural beams but
rather wooden beams made to