About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Water Fountains

Cecil Lee

• Staff

Dear All,
1. Where possible avoid purchasing fountains with figurines that has an open mouth facing inwards of the house.
2. Such common figurines include a variety of figurines with an open mouth:-
2.1 fishes
2.2 frogs
2.3 seals or any other animals
Such figurines are best to be avoided.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear All,
The better fountains are those with symbolic circular bowls or rings.
As circle represents metal element. And under the productive cycle of the five elements: Metal supports Water element.
However, it is best for a fountain to have all five elements:-
1. Circle (representing Metal element)
2. Water (actual water itself)
3. Wood (place a plant near to or inside the water)
4. Earth (the actual fountain is made of stone / ceramic: which represents the earth element).
5. Fire (use an under water light or if indoor, can also use a spot-light that focus inwards. The light should be turned on using an automatic timer.
6. For example: in my case, I turn it on from say 7.30 to 10.00pm approximating my swimming pool light.
7. This year, nearly every flower or flower nursery shops and even home-fix (d.i.y) shops try to capitalise on the sale of a fountain.
8. The prices for these relatively low cost items e.g. fibreglass bowl, display/side rocks have very high mark-ups.
9. If you visit a Shopping Centre, such fountains costs a minium of $488/- and upwards. Many of the medium sized fountains costs between $688/- onwards.
10. If you want to purchase such foutains at a budget, I suggest you go down to flower nurseries - located all over the island.
For example, try visiting:
Thomson Road (Various Plan Nurseries)
(close to Joan Road / Caldecott Hill - opposite Thomson 800 condominum ) It is also at the junction between Thomson Road and Marymount Road.
If you purchase a fountain from such nurseries, they usually cost half the amount as those found in the shops.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil