About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

9square or pie chart?

Dear Cecil,
I wish to know what is the better method, 9 square format or pie chart format for someones floorplan? I ask that because if someone have rectangular apartment or room, there is much differences in thise two metods. You know, one corner is too big, and the other is to small...
I realise that 9 square format is easier, but is it rightly?
Thanks in advance for answer and thanks for such a good web site.
Dragana

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Dragana,
1. In terms of Flying Star Feng Shui, both methods i.e. 9 square grid or pie chart are equally acceptable.
2. Just a few days or a week ago, I had replied to a forum message describing the two methods.
3. Perhaps, you can do a SEARCH under this forum for `pie chart' to look thru the earlier message posted.
4. As mentioned under Para 1, there is no difference with either method. But for many Feng Shui practioners, analysing layout plans, we usually have ready made templates e.g. drawn on a transparency. And this can easily be super-imposed on a layout plan without worry of the scale of the layout plan.
5. For the grid method, if one is not a practitioner, one can perhaps take time to draw a 9 grid chart to fit into the layout plan.
6. If one get hold of the various Chinese (Mandarin books related to Feng Shui, so far, one may discover that many of the authors prefer to provide a pie chart much like the profile of the Chinese Luo Pan compass - which by the way is also in a pie chart formation.
7. In my opinion, it is only the English books on Feng Shui that commonly use the 9 gird chart.
8. As mentioned earlier, practitioners, and even myself, because of the huge volume and quantity of layout plans we look at per day; do not have the time or `luxury' to rescale layout plan to fit into a 9 grid chart.
9. There are two types of Flying Star Chart:
9.1 The horizontal Flying Star chart
9.2 The vertical Flying Star chart
- The horizontal Flying star chart is in fact the regular charts that we use to look at plan form or the actual layout plan.
- The vertical Flying Star chart is based on apartments. Where it is said that each floor has different qi levels. And it applies to apartments. For those who are not aware, you can use the Free report to analyse your apartment number to see it's sigificance. The vertical Flying star Feng Shui thus does not use pie or 9 grids.
There is no right or wrong answer: pie or 9 grid. Feel free to use whatever method, you find comfortable with.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 11/13/2002 3:29:00 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Cecil,
I wish to know what is the
better method, 9 square format
or pie chart format for
someones floorplan? I ask that
because if someone have
rectangular apartment or room,
there is much differences in
thise two metods. You know,