About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Black Hat Sect - Your input

myfs_90179

Master Cecil,
It has recently come to my attention that Black Hat Sect feng shui is not a traditional 'method.' I'm in the U.S. and it seems to be popular here. In fact, I have read that it's 'creator' Lin Yun has admitted he is a fake and/or liar. Can you clear up this situation for me? I am very interested in feng shui and implementing its many facets into my home and business. But, I don't want to use a method that is seen as a joke throughout the traditional feng shui culture. Your input is most appreciated.
Regards,
Andrea Dennis

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Andrea,

1. Yes, Lin Yun was interviewed by a newspaper reporter. Indeed he admitted in the article that it is “better to believe in yourself than him”. He said that he was in fact a “fake”.

Lin Yun’s confession can be found under this link:-

1.1. In order to understand `Black Hat Sect' or BTB properly, it is best to look at it entirely from `LUCK prospective'.
2. Types of LUCK:
Under Chinese divinity / Feng Shui we can broadly classify LUCK into three general groupings:-
2.1 Heaven Luck:
Under Traditional Chinese methods, Ba Zi or commonly called Pillars of Destiny/Eight Characters can be used to `discover' what was given to us i.e. Heaven luck that was `bestowed' to each of us.
The lowest common denominator used in such an analysis is : The Yin/Yang concept and The Five Elements Concept.
2.2 Earth Luck:
Under Traditional Feng Shui: Shapes and Forms and Compass Schools: Eight House and Flying Star; we can either neutralise bad effects and enhance beneificial qi.
The lowest common denominator used in such an analysis is : The Yin/Yang concept and The Five Elements Concept.
Under Shapes and Forms: macro and micro Feng Shui is being looked at: e.g. External environment, the site, the land and the interior.
2.3 Man (human luck):
2.3.1 This has to do with making us feel good (inside) or give us hope.
For example, even some (Traditional) Feng Shui practitioners resort to this type of "Feng Shui" by citing a `wealth corner' and placement of objects.
3. This is actually not really `Feng Shui' but rather, perhaps, if we all know that our home has a wealth corner, we would feel more at ease even if it may be non-existent or suspect. We cannot for sure say that `X' marks the spot of our wealth corner.
4. Imagine, for those who are very gullible: if we tell them that, your house has no wealth corner: the owner may become worried i.e. if no wealth corner means no wealth?
5. Many Feng Shui practitioners love to promote MAN (HUMAN) Luck because, it can be very, very lucrative.
6. For example, in the west, there are some practititioners who charge as little as e.g. US$150 for their audit fee. But brings a carton load of `wind chimes', figurines and even water fountains.
7. The end result is that although their audit fee was US$150/- by the end of the day, they would have sold more than e.g. $200 to $1,000 or more commercial products (by packing them as wealth enhancement products).
8. To test this concept, visit most Black Hat Sect websites and even some who call themselves Tradtional Feng Shui one can find many different commercial products on their website.
9. It is best that Authentic Traditional Feng Shui websites will avoid selling any products on their site. No matter how lucrative it is.
10. This is to ensure that there is no conflict of interests. And monetary motive to earn more at the expense or `sucker' their clients.
11. Usually, many of such `Man Luck' practitioners go for our own `inner greed' and they try to tailor their advise on this.
12. If we do get advise from such `Man Luck' practitioners: often, many of these practitioners resort to saying that only they, know where (our) wealth corner is. And once we invite these people, there is no end in having to fork out money to buy products from them.
One can say that these people " Marketeers and profiteers ". Although, these practitioners may have some elements of the use of Shapes and Forms feng shui, ultimately, their aim is to make as much money or squeeze out as much out of each person they meet.
13. Geniune Authentic Feng Shui (or earth luck) is strictly about trying to neutralise bad qi e.g. tree slicing into a home and to try and activate beneficial qi.
14. In conclusion, a true test of authentic traditional Feng Shui is that all things must relate to either Yin and Yang concept (with qi flow) and The Five Elements concept. Anything else may be considered suspect.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 2/3/2003 4:49:00 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Master Cecil,
It has recently come to my
attention that Black Hat Sect
feng shui is not a traditional
'method.' I'm in the U.S. and
it seems to be popular here.
In fact, I have read that it's
'creator' Lin Yun has admitted
he is a fake and/or liar. Can
you clear up this situation
for me? I am very interested
in feng shui and implementing
its many facets into my home
and business. But, I don't
want to use a method that is
seen as a joke throughout the
traditional feng shui culture.
Your input is most
appreciated.
Regards,
Andrea Dennis

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• 15 years later...
  • Staff

Update:
1. My previous reply was on April 2003.

2. This was really a long time ago.

3. Please note that although it is rare to find this key word in a modern site: `Black Hat Sect' or BTB.

4. However, many of the BTB practitioners did a superficial "PR" make-over.

5. Thus in my opinion, fewer and fewer of these guys/gals stopped linking theirs to BTB.

6. Today, if one goes to a website:

6.1. Usually it is in English
6.2. Vast majority in America. Even San Francisco, New York
6.3. The practitioner applies Fixed Template Ba Gua :-

6.3.1 And one gets to hear terms like North = Career corner, SW = Romance etc..

Yes, you have arrived at a Black Hat Sect or BTB lineage site..

These sites have not disappeared.

BUT rather plenty of these sites exists. And are now Re-BRANDED!

ACTUNG! (WARNING)

CAVEAT EMPTOR (Let the buyer beware!)

• 4 years later...