About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

The most impressive SMS message I rec`vd

Cecil Lee

• Staff

Dear All,
With the widespread popularity of SMS messages;
This year, many of us I believe have sent SMS Greetings more so than other years!
Besides receiving picture greetings and standard SMS Gong Xi Fa Cai greetings, I was really, really impressed with this Hokkien greetings:-
So, if you like to impress your Hokkien friends (erh... make sure that you know your friends are Hokkien or at least Teochews or at least knows or understand Hokkien); why not keep in mind this lovely SMS... for next year? This message has a splatter of Hokkien and Mandarin.
Here goes:
START OF SMS:-
"Dear Thee Kong, Pls poh bi all my friends pinpin angang, soonsoon lili duing this coming 2004. Kam Xia. Best wishes from (your name)"
--------- END OF SMS -----------
Rough translation of above message: Dear (Thee Kong) Heaven, Please pray for a good year all my friends: (pinpin angang) safe and (soonsoon lili) smooth year ahead for 2004. (Kam Xia) Thank you. Best Wishes from (your name)."
Well, Chinese New Year is not over yet! So, why not impress your Hokkien friends with this message!
Cheers!
Cecil Lee

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Further to what I had mentioned, this message should easily be digested by majority of Singapore Chinese (Hokkien being the largest Chinese community. And Teochews can also easily understand this message).
If you sent it to a Taiwanese friend, this is often OK. Because majority of Taiwanese are Hokkiens or have grown up with this language.
Erh..if you do sent it to a Hong Kong Chinese friend... perhaps, it may not be well understood since, majority Chinese dialect group are the Cantonese.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil