About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Any value in house trigram chart?

Is there any value in using a house's trigram number for comparison withthe annual star? (Using the number associated with the sitting/facing direction of the house, placing that number in the center of the grid, flying the numbers in the usual fashion, and then comparing those base numbers (based on direction only!) to the annual flying stars.

I would assume that this might be valuable if a person had absolutely no idea when their house was built.

What is the origin ofthis type of house analysis? It appears in many books that don't go into any detail about Flying Star Feng Shui.

Regina Cohn

• 2 weeks later...
Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Regina,

In a recent sicence world documentary, it was found that a University of London study found that:

1. Patients trying to recover from a dental surgery or pulling of the teeth often have a swelling on their cheek.

2. In the University of London study, a group was given pacebo ("sugar coated pill") and someone attended to the patient with an ultrasonic machine (turned off) but this attendant goes thru the motion of "rubbing" this "high-tech" equipment on the person's cheek.

3. Based on the documentary, nearly 60 percent of this respondent (patients) fair better than anyone else who were not given such a "treatment" and drug.

4. One conclusion was that if one has a receptive mind or open towards the hope of getting better thru science could most likely recover better.

5. Here, hope or man-luck is important.

6. Thus, I often mentioned, that the greater picture for a home is really not so much of the interior (first) but rather, the wider exterior extending from the Landscape, the site and lastly, a smaller percentage goes to the 4 walls of our home.

7. Yes, some books do oftengive an indication of the good qi flow for a specific period i.e. annualgood qi flow.

8. Like all maps, this is just a cross-slice of the bigger information flow.

9. This annual qi within a sector is akin toperhaps one single matrix. But, it is always better to look at not just the annual stars but also the wider 20 Year star and so on.

10. Book authors must make money, and also "write something".But because in a book, the author often cannot go into too detailed specifics. And often this is quite difficult.

11. However, one good comes out of this book is that it serves as an awarnessthat there is such thing as qi flow e.g. flying star feng shui even if it is only on a yearly value.

12. We can also draw a parallel from here:

Many books writes about this general annual qi flow. It can beconsidered as an equivalent of a person riding a scooter. As we all know, what separates a scooterist or a motorcylist in an accident is his body vs another vehicle. As well as the motorcylists ability to fly thru the air - and seriously hurting himself - and many times can result in a fatality.

However, for those who go or dwelldeeper using muchmore analysis, could be in my opinion, considered as driving a much safer car. If it is done OK, perhaps more like driving a VOLVO. And if done in an excellent manner could be equated to driving a Rolls Royce. Even ifwe only drive a normal saloon vehicle today, it would be equipped with e.g. ABS brakes and air-bags.

Therefore, I feel that book authors often cannot or may not or would nottobe able to go deeper into personalisation in Feng Shui.

In my opinion, many of us also want to search for either an answer (to our needs) or needs to be "in-control" of our life. And what better to see and "feel" that by reading these articles or topics, we could either have hope to better control our destiny or feel comforted by the fact that "OH!, my room has bad qi -- no wonder, this has been happening to me! " If you know, what I mean....

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 4/7/2004 12:32:07 PM, Anonymous wrote:

Is there any value in using a

house's trigram number for

comparison withthe

annual star? (Using the

number associated with the

sitting/facing direction of

the house, placing that number

in the center of the grid,

flying the numbers in the