About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Enhancing our Baby/Children's business?

Hello Master Lee,

Following the birth of twins, we have opened a new family business retailing clothing and gifts for babies and children. Is there anything in particular that we can do to enhance our image and promote success? The business is called "Moo and Bear - Gorgeous things for Bubs and Kids". Would really appreciate any advice that you may have.

Kind regards,

Shannon :-)

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Shannon,

1. First, Congratulations on your new business! And, I can see your two lovely childrenVery Happy

2. Often, many business should depend on it's strategic model and built on it's key success factors in order to both survive and grow.

3. In my opinion, looks like you have a better success rate in going for both value for money (reasonably priced) and slightly differentiated products.

4. Ina business model, often, it is good to understand "Porter's Five Forces" to give one a good understanding of both an overview of your industry and other factors.

5. If you have the time, do go for Strategic Planning books or links like these various links:-

http://www.quickmba.com/strategy/porter.shtml

http://www.brs-inc.com/porter.asp

http://www.themanager.org/Models/p5f.htm

http://www.mba2.com/strategy/porter.shtml

http://www.bplans.com/ma/article.cfm/156

(Please note that these links do not necessarily represent my view but rather, they are interesting reading for business).

6. From a Feng Shui point of view:-

6.1 In the past, I had mentioned some of the things related to "Feng Shui" or customs:-

6.2 Company or business logo / signage

6.3 Here, often, colours are chosen based on the industry / ba zi of the owner / proprietor(s).

6.4 Where possible, a logo or signage should have three colours. Since two colour signages imply "death" or "stagnation" of a business.

6.5 For a signage, often, e.g. the width should be e.g. even measurement while the length odd numbering. This is because, odd represents Yang. While even numbers representYin. Thus, this is said to be a harmony of Yin and yang.

6.6 Placement of signage

6.6.1 Under placement of signage, in Feng Shui, often, other than the logo harmonizes with the owners/proprietors; some FS practitioners also consider which direction is the main entrance / and check to see if the colour of the logo harmonizeswith thislocation.

6.6.2 In Feng Shui also, depending on the direction of the frontage, a company signage should harmonize with that specific location. For example, at some locations (directions) the logo should not be placed too high etc...

7. For the Chinese, auspicious dates are chosen for the opening ceremony.

8. Plus,on the day of opening, it is best that the business premises remain pitched dark etc.. I had previously posted a file on what to do during an office-ritual. Please do a search for this text file under the forum.

9. Feng Shui can also suggest or used to look at the location or site of business. And also, check the best sitting directions such as "facing the Prosperity and or Excellent" directions of the key personnel.

10. As one can see, other than the above, Feng Shui cannot be used as a cure-all situation.

11. For example, if your business is soley on the internet, one may unfortunately have a hard timeto market one'ssmall (local) site. Many internet start-ups will never see day-light at the end of the long road due mostly to cash-burn and unprofitability.

12. In the internet area, even if one's business is local, avoid or do try to get domains such as .com or .net or the first level domain names instead of those ending with e.g. .au etc..

13. For example, although Geomancy.net has it's origin in Singapore, we are one of the few true - truly global geomancy companies in Singapore. Many of our competitors never have such a strong international presence, like us. And for one, we never used .com.sg etc...

Wishing you all the very best in your new business!

Most of all, many good companies, with a little luck, go for:

1. Things like "a tradition of excellence"

2. Giving value for money products or services

3. Honesty and frankness

4. Avoid "cheating" customers

5. The best marketing tool is often carried by word of mouth. thus this brings goodwill to the company. No amount of advertising can be as good as this!

6. All these are part and parcel of standards that set good companies apart from others.

7. Singapore is very unique because it has a very small population and this is why often 3 out of 99 start-ups do carry on to the next year or two. After these two years, some of these companies can even close down!

8. Like, one of our clients suggested, perhaps,we at Geomancy.net,should sitin our not so good directions, so that we will not be over-whelmed with too much business!

Cheers!

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 4/22/2004 7:29:16 PM, Anonymous wrote:

Hello Master Lee,

Following the birth of twins,

we have opened a new family

business retailing clothing

and gifts for babies and

children. Is there anything in

particular that we can do to

enhance our image and promote

success? The business is

called "Moo and Bear -

Gorgeous things for Bubs and

Kids" (www.mooandbear.com.au).

Would really appreciate any

advice that you may have.

Kind regards,

Shannon :-)

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Staff

Further to what I had mentioned, one can also look at concepts like S.W.O.T. analysis.

This type of concept can both be applied to both Feng Shui audits as well as an audit of the viability of one's business / business modelIdea:-

http://www.quickmba.com/strategy/swot/

or

http://www.mindtools.com/page5.html

In addition, Shockedwhat are the key success factors of your business?

http://www.gsu.edu/~mgtrhh/ksf.htm

Looking at it this way, since Feng Shui is not a cure-all, there are much better concepts or theories relating to a business than such mystic art / science!

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Dear Cecil,
I am amazing. Not only you know perfectly well (and Robert too) , Feng Shui
but you know perfectly Marketing, Management and so on.
I have a Marketing Degree and I use to learn Porter's Five Forces but I
should tell you that I did not remember well !!!
Another thing :I am very proud you know you speak about me in your messages
yes yes:
"Like, one of our clients suggested, perhaps, we at Geomancy.net, should sit
in our not so good directions, so that we will not be over-whelmed with too
much business! "
I will never forget how much you and Robert have done for us.
And everyday thanks to you both I am improving my FengShui.
Have a good week end.
Muriel

• Staff

Dear Muriel,

Thank you for your message.

Wishing you and family, Health, Wealth and Happiness!

Cheers!Very Happy
Cecil

On 4/24/2004 8:04:50 AM, Anonymous wrote:

Dear Cecil,

I am amazing. Not only you

know perfectly well (and

Robert too) , Feng Shui

but you know perfectly

Marketing, Management and so

on.

I have a Marketing Degree and

I use to learn Porter's Five